(Closed) Please tell me my 90-100 person wedding will still be a PARTY!

posted 10 years ago in Reception
Post # 17
3572 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@Aubergold: Our room could hold 150 too and it didn’t look empty at all. If thats the MAX the room can fit then it would be kinda cramped if they actually tried to sit that many people. My thinking was “Fine, more room for a bigger dance floor”

Post # 18
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We had 92 people at our wedding on Sat, and it was great. It didn’t seem small at all when we looked around at the reception, and lots of people were dancing. Plus, then you get to spend more time with everyone than if you had a larger wedding.

Post # 19
1333 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Aubergold: it will definitely be a party! I had 80 people and it was a blast, we danced and drank the whole night and had a blast ๐Ÿ™‚

Actually any more guests and it would have been cramped…but we had about a 1500 sqft reception venue. We all had enough room to dance but everyone was up. As long as you have a lively crew…some of our guests just sit back and didn’t move the whole night

Post # 20
980 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m wondering if a positive might be that seating 8 people at a table meant for 10 is possible?

Here’s a table set for 10 at my venue.  I think the plates and silverware are a little close together, aren’t they?

Post # 21
3683 posts
Sugar bee

Well hello lady ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad you came back. I realize it may have been a while ago but I was gone too.

I think a 90 person wedding can still be a blast! but I’d reconsider the no magician thing…jk

Post # 22
1344 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Last wedding I went to had about 60 people and we were ALL up and dancing the whole night. It was a total blast… the night went by so fast, suddenly the party was over and we couldn’t believe it! It had nothing to do with the amount of people there, but the personality of the B&G and all their guests. Your wedding will DEFF be rockin’!

Post # 23
938 posts
Busy bee

My brother’s wedding had about that many people, and it was really really fun. Of course, a lot of my friends were there and they had an awesome band to dance too. I’m sure you have nothing to worry about!

Post # 24
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

It’s not the size of the group but the ppl there that makes a party happening.  As long as your group is dancing and having fun, size doesn’t matter and it will still be a raging party!

Post # 25
1373 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Yes, you can totally have a big party with a smaller guest list.

We’re inviting about 100, expect about 80 to show up, and it will be an EPIC RAGER.  It’s partly about inviting the right people, partly about playing good dance music, partly about the open bar and having a fun crowd and encouraging people to have fun.  Honestly, the biggest parties I’ve been to were the smaller weddings.  Not that we haven’t been to some nice 100+ person weddings, but those tend to get more seperated out, and have a more formal feel to them.  The two weddings we went to with about 50 people were INSANE.  People barely knew each other to start the wedding, but between the open bar and the size and space allowing people to mingle, they both ended up being legendary.

Post # 26
4211 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Your venue may say 150 is what they hold but I bet you that is their absolute max. Our venue said 150 and we only had 130. 130 actually felt tight and every space was filled. We would have had the perfect amount of space if we only had 100 people. I don’t even know where those extra 20 people would have fit had they all come!

You can still have an awesome party with 90-100 people, even much less than that! You have to remember that not all 200 of your guests would have been out on the dance floor at one time anyways! 90-100 is still a lot and this way you will get more of a chance to spend time with your guests!

Post # 27
1325 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Your wedding will be awesome! People who love you will have a rocking good time, dont worry!

Post # 29
1741 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Aubergold:I have 103 adult guests and I think it WILL be a party. What are you worried about? That’s plenty of people to party. ๐Ÿ™‚

Our venue is for 200 max.

Post # 30
397 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

These are my thoughts exactly, but we are only having 70!! I was expecting a lot more, but I’m happier with the fact that it is smaller and more intitimate. I’m sure it will be a blast!!

The topic ‘Please tell me my 90-100 person wedding will still be a PARTY!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors