(Closed) Please tell me my 90-100 person wedding will still be a PARTY!

posted 10 years ago in Reception
Post # 31
1713 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I too worry about this, we are having an “intimate” under 90 people wedding, and I hope the party keeps up!! But then again, our entire wedding is only 4-5 hours! So hopefully our families utilize ALL that time & have a blast! xo

Post # 32
2593 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Trust me, it will still be a party! Ours was and we had about 100 people. It was actually a great number for us because we still were able to go around and personally chat with almost everyone.

Post # 33
1096 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

It will totally be a party if YOU TWO are having a blast.  I have found with this type of stuff that the crowd follows the couple.  I have been to a wedding with 150 people great DJ but it was boring because the crowd wasn’t right.  If your people are dancers and you and your groom are getting down it will all fall into place. 

Post # 34
1096 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

oh!  one trick I heard is to make the dance floor a little smaller so that it looks a little more packed and people are encourage to come out.  But, no worries, if you guys dance you will not be alone.

Post # 35
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

honestly, just think of it as a club… you dont bring more than a handful of girlfriends ot a club anyway… so if you just invite the people you’re the closes too, it’ll be fine! no worries!

Post # 36
91 posts
Worker bee

I wouldn’t worry at all. My daughter got married in Feb and we invited about 90 people. But because of visa issues (her husband is from South America) and the travel required by our side of the family (wedding in Florida- most family lives in PA)- we had 55 people show up.

In addition, in order not to have the “Catholic gap”, the reception started at 2 pm. I was soooo worried because the reception was in the afternoon (and outdoors) and of the language barrier (some guests only spoke Spanish). I was worried people would sit around staring at each other. So much that I was having nightmares.

Well, let me tell you… what a party it was. Once the music started, no one was sitting. My 76 year old father was dancing! La Hora loca was a BIG hit with my family from PA! Who would have guessed! 

We had so much fun and we danced so much, now I am owrried to see the professional pictures. My hair and makeup was a mess. I just have to try and remember it was because I had so much fun.

Having a small wedding reception was the best! My daughter and her husband said that everyone that was there was very special to them. It was so sweet and made the day so much more special!

Post # 37
5165 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

100 people is still a lot of people, I’m sure it will be fine!!

Post # 38
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

All you need are a few great friends to make it a party! 100 is MORE than enough to have a terrific time, don’t worry! 🙂

Post # 39
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m also inviting 100 guests but so far I found out a lot of our guests wont be able to make it due to they are traveling out of the country and apparently didnt save the date…So I am expecting to only have maybe 80 or more guests show up in the end.  Just make sure you hire an AWESOME Emcee/DJ to keep everyone dancing. If your DJ sucks, then your guests wont have a good reason to dance..so if he’s amazing, they will want to dance! Make sure your DJ plays music in the beginning, middle and end because you want the DJ to come out strong and make a bold statement from the beginning that this is going to be party all night thing!! And your bridesmaids and groomsmen need to bust out their moves and bring guests to the dance floor too.  Also, doesnt hurt to throw in some games in between the reception and give out small prizes etc.

Post # 40
2128 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

woah! Most of the weddings I’ve been to have been 75-100 people and they’ve been a BLAST! I think what matters the most is if the bride and groom are dancing. If the Bride and Groom don’t dance, the dance floor is a little emptier.

Post # 41
69 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’ve been to big 200+ people weddings and smaller less than 100 people weddings and have had the same amount of fun at both! We are having a less than 100 people wedding also. I have worried about it not being a party too, but when you think about it, 100 people is still a lot of people! I don’t think you should worry about it at all!

Post # 42
1741 posts
Bumble bee

We had a bout 80 people and a long reception (4pm – 11:30) and people danced all night. Of course, a few people left early (those with kids) but they were not the party people so no one on the dance floor noticed. 

Post # 43
2023 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We had 103, and it was a freakin PARTY! Don’t worry about it!!

Post # 44
1595 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Depends on the DJ and the people, honestly!

Post # 45
1223 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

It will be fine!!!   We wanted only 100 or less, but ended up with 125 including a lot of kids.  I would have preferred it be smaller.

We aren’t even able to offer open bar – and I’m sure everyone will still enjoy themselves just fine 🙂

The topic ‘Please tell me my 90-100 person wedding will still be a PARTY!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors