(Closed) PLS HELP….Allure C176…anyone has real pictures on it?????????

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I tried on 8801 which is similar but almost TOO blingy at the top for me (i didn’t like how you couldn’t pick out the floral details at all- it was SO sparkly) but the skirt wasn’t as full as I’d liked it to be

So then my consultant brought out C170, which is in the couture line so I think the fabrics and the construction are super close to your c176, and I totally loved it! The beading is gorgeous and the skirt just feels so amazing and it’s totally romantic! I also want a big poofy look so if I get this one I plan to add some more crinoline to the bottom πŸ™‚

So I know neither of those is C176, but I think it helps to see some others that are similar and to know that the construction and the materials are really high quality in case you’d like to just order the c176 without trying it on or seeing it in person. I wish you the best of luck and hope that these help you!

Post # 6
513 posts
Busy bee

You could always have them removed the flowers and add a VERY blingy belt like this one from enzoani (i’ve also tried this belt on with another dress and it is SO sparkly!) 

I am not very tall (only 5’3) but I think for my size I have a long torso (and I have big hips so i elected to hide them with a drop waist ballgown)… and you’re right, the 8801 is REALLY drop waisted! Definitely nothing that hugged through the hips worked on me because of my super dramatic hourglass shape, but I think the length of the bodice on the 8810 is perfect for you! Your waist looks really small and you can’t even tell you have big hips! So the C170 has the same length bodice as the one you have on here if you want more sparkles and a fuller skirt, almost more 3D so to speak in that even without a crinoline it had more volume than the 8801 (which is the same skirt as on your 8810). I also thought the fabric was a little bit different between the c170 and the 8801, maybe softer and richer on the c170… And I really like how the skirt in both c170 and c176 is really filled in with flowers and ruffles, whereas on the 8801 and 8810 it almost looks like there are gaps. 

What do you think about going with a sparkly belt and maybe a really sparkly necklace if you go with 8810?

Post # 9
513 posts
Busy bee

Well It doesn’t look really full, but you can always add crinoline underneath (or petticoats or even a hoop if you’d rather). Do you like the skirt on the 8810? Because to me it seems about the same if not less full as the c176. And no, I never actually saw it. You said you have to make a decision by wednesday, and I might be driving by my big bridal shop tomorrow so I could call them and see if they have it and maybe sneak in and take a peek! I was looking for c164 as well, but they didn’t have that one (it’s last season’s I think so I can understand why) but c176 is still from this season so the odds are good. But I’m not sure if that’s 100% yet. I definitely am going back on the 30th (that’s my appointment to buy my dress!) so if you could stretch your timeline a little bit and they do have it then I could definitely get you some photos then. 

And yes, I understand about the corset back, I wanted one so bad too! But as I understand it, when you have a lot of beading corsets are hard to come by πŸ™ I thought about asking to have it changed if I go with the c170, but it’s also REALLY intricate, and I can’t imagine how much it would cost (and it was already $500 more than I wanted to spend too!), so I might ask when I’m there on the 30th too, just to see. I guess I don’t really mind the zipper back, and I kind of like the cute little buttons down the back too.

I have tons of photos of the c170 (I tried it on twice!) so if you’d like to see some more, let me know!

Post # 10
513 posts
Busy bee

Oh and I love your earrings btw, they’re gorgeous! Would you plan on still wearing those if you picked up either the c170 or the c176?

Post # 13
513 posts
Busy bee

Okay so what if you go with the non-sparkly top, get a way sparklier belt and add the drama necklace with tons of sparkles and then your beautifully sparkly earrings? Would that be enough sparkle? 

I’ll totally call them tomorrow to see if they have it and see what i can do! 

I’m not wearing a petticoat or anything under the c170 in the pics I sent you, so imagine it more poofy like the model picture on the allure website… and the train is just gorgeous! I especially liked the way it could be bustled *sigh* one of the pictures of the back kind of shows how it would look and there are definitely a few that show the whole train as well. There’s even one of me checking the price tag! Which turned out to be $1750! I called around to a few other shops and I found it as low as $1600, so that’s what I plan to pay for it if I choose this one! 

I’m pretty sure the skirt on the c176 would be fuller than the 8810 πŸ™‚

Post # 14
513 posts
Busy bee

Hey, I just realized that I forgot to let you know that I wasn’t able to get pictures of that dress- my week has been totally crazy and I couldn’t make a swing by the shop in time! Sorry, hun, I hope everything turned out for you though, which dress did you end up choosing?

Post # 16
513 posts
Busy bee

@Happy_Bee: I am going to my salon tomorrow to purchase my allure c170, I definitely check to see if they have allure c176 when I’m there tomorrow. I’ve seen sabelle in person as well, also very pretty, but totally different fabrics between the two of them. Have you been able to try on a similar style? 

The topic ‘PLS HELP….Allure C176…anyone has real pictures on it?????????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors