(Closed) POAS January 2015

posted 7 years ago in TTC
  • poll: What's your favorite winter sport?

skiing

snow boarding

ice skating

hockey

sledding

making snow angels

snowball fights

what's snow?

other

• Post # 406
    836 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Lol. That’s what I meant. Mrs. Egg. Forgot the s!

Post # 407
    429 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

Wow so many BFP’s congrats everyone! I’m not on the list yet this month because Im not due AF till the very end of the month and it makes it feel like a long wait! But I’m stalking it regularly! 

I love seeing all the BFP’s gives me hope!

Post # 408
    2300 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

View original reply
    Newbie1982:  I’m the same! AF isn’t due until the 26th… I feel really optimistic about this month though. All the BFP’s are so awesome to see! Hope it’s us too, early Feb!!

Post # 409
    429 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    sherryberry:  I feel strangely optimistic too! And calm about it all! fx! My AF is due 25th! Or BFP! Loooong month! Apparently I’ve ovulated already! So bring on the TWW madness!!

Post # 410
    2300 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

View original reply
    Newbie1982:  I hope I hope I hope!! I think I ovulated too. Seems early, but I don’t know what else that craziness was…

Post # 411
    2247 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

It’s official, I’m a rollover. 🙁

Post # 412
    429 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    sherryberry:  I think we are more or less cycle twins! Lol! have a car full of ikea flat pack to occupy me for the rest of the month!

Post # 413
    365 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
    amy84lynn:  
    View original reply
    FromA2B2013:  
    View original reply
    thelittleone:  Thank you! 

View original reply
    MrsFairyBee:  Thanks! I honestly have no idea. We were NTNP so I wasn’t charting or anything. I was shocked to see the lines show up so dark (and quick too!) because I was sure if anything it was really early and would be a squinter.

Post # 415
    429 posts
    Helper bee

So my calmness has gone now I had a meltdown last night. going by my opk’s we could had have another try yesterday and BD, hubby wanted to watch tv instead. I got so mad and upset! He wants kids more than anything yet at the same time he doesn’t want to actively try try. That’s fine I guess but I’d like to give us a great chance every month and not just go with the flow. Like if I know it’s a fertile day let’s go for it! We can be as spontaneous as we want he rest of the month. Maybe I shouldnt use opk’s as they are putting too much pressure on us. Anyone else in the same situation? I just worked it out aNd we actually only BD twice in the fertile window booo

Post # 416
    2865 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
    Newbie1982:  I’m sorry to hear that! Remember, it only takes once to get pregnant. Twice is great!

H also doesn’t like pressure or to think that we are actively trying. If I ever told him “we need to BD because I am fertile”, I guarantee he would not finish (and probably wouldn’t start). What works for us is to chart to know when I have ovulated and BD every time the mood is right. So far, we have had pretty great timing.

But the timing only works when there is no pressure and it works for our life. For example, if FW was 3 days later when we were at Grandma’s, we’d be out. No way I am BDing there! I may have to wait a few more months, but I’d rather have fun BDing then make it a chore!

Post # 417
    2195 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    Ellie85:  Thank you very much 🙂

Post # 418
    429 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    Pollywog:  thanks for the reply. I guess why I was so upset was he specifically asked me to tell him the “best” week to bd. We were a once a week couple before TTC. I told him he didn’t need to know that it would take the fun out of it for him. So I didn’t tell him the first 2 months and we ended up having great timing too. Last month he was disappointed we didn’t get a BFP. I explained it can take healthy couples a year and there is only a tiny window to get pregnant in so again he asked me to tell him the best week. So I told him during the week That this was the week! This weekend we just so happened to be staying iN a Gorgeous hotel! I initiated on our last night there and no he wanted the tv!!! I think I’m 50% mad he rejected me and 50% mad because the timing would have been great! Oh well you live and learn! Next month I won’t be telling him! Think I’m just having a grumpy day 🙁

Post # 419
    7111 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

Well AF still had’t show up this morning (due Friday) so I POAS (for the first time) and:

I left it in the bathroom and made my husband go read it. I think I’m still in shock. And I know my husband is in shock. Neither of us was expecting it so soon. But there it is. He wants to tell his  brothers right away and I’ll probably tell a few friends pretty quickly (and you Bees!). But I work in genetics, so I know the risk of miscarriage is still high at this point, so we’ll wait a bit to start telling other people. But now I have to find an OB! Luckily, I’m due for my yearly phsicial with m family practice doc soon, so I think I’ll keep that and see if he has recommendations for ann OB. I may ask if he’ll do a viability/dating scan at my regular yearly, but there’s probably not much else to do at this point. 

I’m hoping all of you get your BFPs soon! It’s well worth the wait! Thanks for helping to make this TTC period fun!

Post # 420
    429 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    JenGirl:  wow congrats! That’s great news!

The topic ‘POAS January 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors