Pie

Other- Comment below

I don't do Thanksgiving but I like....

• Post # 467
    162 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
    LittleRiver:  thought I would chime in on this…hope you don’t mind.  I noticed those vitamins don’t contain iodine which is highly encouraged for pregnant women because it helps with babies brain development.  The prenatal vitamin I’m taking now doesn’t contain iodine but I supplement with it kelp capsules.  It’s tough to find prenatals with vitamin A from beta-carotene AND iodine.  I’ve been taking The Honest Co one-a-days but I will probably end up switching to Garden of Life when I run out.  I also try and look for vitamins that have folate instead of folic acid. Folate is the naturally occuring form where as folic acid is a synthetic compound.  Hope this helps!

Post # 468
    1741 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    ema721:  Thanks for taking a look!  Oy, I thought the Walgreens vitamins did have iodine. It’s SO tough to find one that has it all.  I’d really prefer to limit the number of pills I take per day.  When I first started charting, I was taking so many supplements that I thought about buying a pill box to keep them straight!!  That’s when I knew I needed to cut back! The Garden of Life prenatals look great except that the serving size is 3 capsules and I’d still need to take DHA separately.  

Post # 470
    1741 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
    SaltedCaramel:  Thanks!!  Good to know!  I don’t want the perfect to be the enemy of the good.  It’s too easy for me to obsess over anything TTC-related.

Post # 471
    70 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

ROLL CALL!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD11

Your age/partner’s age: 32 / 34

Ovulation Date: 12th or 13th Nov.

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: 28th Nov, cycle varies from 26-29 days.

Cycles Trying: 10

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD EOD from days 12-18. I had an HGC this month as recommended by my GYN. It was totally painless and I got to see that my tubes are open for business – quite the relief! next step is getting DH’s sperm tested, but he is dragging his feet.

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/no_elle

Just for fun, What would be a perfect day for you? A day that starts with a good night’s sleep! A great yoga class, a yummy lunch with friends, and then a date night with the old hubster!

Post # 472
    357 posts
    Helper bee

Haven’t O’d yet :/ and I may receive AF.. I was having a great feeling of this cycle.. Now I just don’t know… 

Post # 473
    34 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2011

AF showed up a day late today.  Please roll me over.  Thanks. 

Post # 477
    1299 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
    LittleRiver:  Good way to put it on perfect being the enemy of good.  I also have a hard time not obsessing over TTC-related stuff!

View original reply
    HeyJude72:  I used to have an old-school work pager too not that long ago, and my friends thought it was the funniest thing ever!  We’ve switched to cell phones for on call, but I remember the pager days well! I’m a clinical social worker, what kind of work do you do?

Post # 478
    Bee
    1344 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza

View original reply
    HeyJude72:  I totally understand your frustration. I am in my FW like right NOW and DH threw his back out yesterday AM doing some work around the apartment. 🙁 We had big plans dammit! Now the poor guy can barely get up out of bed. There’s still hope for us, but it’s starting to look like this just might not be our month. 

PS. Based on your advice I bought the One A Day Women’s Prenatal. http://www.amazon.com/One-Womens-Prenatal-Vitamins-Count/dp/B00CDKT3H6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415391778&sr=8-1&keywords=one+womens+prenatal+vitamin

It’s not perfect, but I think it’s a pretty good compromise (especially considering what I had been taking!). Thank you so much for your advice. Everyone just kept saying “take a prenatal” and I kind of thought they were *mostly* the same. I am glad there are people like you out there doing this kind of research — I truly had no idea!!

Post # 479
    48 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: September 2014

You can roll me on over, AF came yesterday afternoon. 

Post # 480
    38 posts
    Newbee

Congrats to all of the BFPs for November so far! I’d like to roll call if it isn’t too late… 

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD17

Your age/partner’s age: 31 / 36

Ovulation Date: 14th Nov.

POAS Date/Usual Cycle Length: 28th Nov, cycle is 27 days

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): folic acid, BD pre O

Link to Chart, if any: <br />

Just for fun, What would be a perfect day for you? a day of hiking / picnicing in a beautiful spot, followed by a bath and a nice dinner.

The topic ‘POAS November 2014’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors