(Closed) Point & Shoot Camera Recos?

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
3000 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’ve always used Canon cameras personally, and I love them! Prices have dropped a lot recently so there are a lot of options under $200. I would buy one today online, if I were you… there are tons of deals for Cyber Monday!

Post # 5
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

It depends what they like to use it for. Action? Kids? Tourist stuff? My Sony cybershot was great. Id be sure to stick with Sony, Canon or Nikon.

Post # 7
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I do think the Cybershot is nice and easy and can take pictures pretty quickly one after the next. That should be good for grandkids! I’m not a camera expert, but I liked mine better than the one I have now! Good luck!

Post # 9
520 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I have always prefered Canon and the point and shoot I use is the Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS.  I’ve had it for more than 3 years and it works GREAT.  Takes awesome photos.  There are newer models of the PowerShot SD series now, of course.

Post # 10
14486 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I second third fouth.. whatever it is the canon!  I’ve always had canon P&S and never had a problem.   If its size you want, go for the canon.  But I also LOVE my panny zs8 even though its a little bigger than the canon.  It’s really fast on start up and takes great pics.  Its a perfect compact super zoom (16x optical) for just about anything you could want to take pcitures of too.  $170 on amazon.

Post # 11
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I have the sony wx9 16.2 megapixel camera and I love it. Even my fiance was amazed at what this little camera can do. It has a ton of settings and takes beautiful photgraphs with out much effort. I definately want to get one of their DSLR’s in the next year.

On their website today they have a 14.1 megapixel for 79.99 that is one step down from mine. And the one I have is 150 with a case and memory card. Much less then what I paid in April.

Post # 12
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I have a Canon PowerShot SD1300 IS and I really love it. There is a newer version but I’ve heard it’s not that much better than my version and not worth spending thet extra money.

The topic ‘Point & Shoot Camera Recos?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors