POLL: Anyone get pregnant when stressed??

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Were you stressed when TTC when you got your BPF??
    Yes, I was super stressed with TTC, because of temping, charting, POAS, or IVF but still got my BPF! : (12 votes)
    32 %
    Yes, I got my BPF during a period of stress due to other reasons (job, family, home, financial..etc) : (18 votes)
    49 %
    No, I got my BPF when I finally was relaxed or on vacation! : (7 votes)
    19 %
  • Post # 16
    26 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
    TheGridMonster :  Same here. I got my BFP during a stressful time at work where we were short-staffed, therefore I felt overworked. Any TTC related stress was very minimal.

Post # 17
    2668 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2016

I spend most of my life stressed lol.

I got my BFP on our 4th month of trying, but it was my first using OPKs and I was thinking about starting temping the following month. TTC stressed me out way more than I thought it would, as my cycles were all over the place and I just didn’t know what was going on. There was also worry in the back of my mind that one or both of us may have a problem that could hinder our chances at conceiving.

I’m also stressed workwise most days. I work in a small office and often find myself being given more work than one person can reasonably handle. There are a few quiet months of the year, but for the most part we’re crazy busy with things to do. Around the time I got my BFP, my boss was also overseas on business so I was running the office on my own – another source of stress.

Post # 18
    1888 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Throughout history, humans have been getting pregnant during war, famine, and other devastating and stressful environmental factors. So I don’t think that stress plays a role in conception. 

With that said, I got pregnant for the first time as a result of a fertility treatment, but I had just resigned my very stressful and emotionally draining job and was feeling relief for the first time in months. The second time I got pregnant, I actually stopped “trying” that cycle (still did OPKs and charted though- just was a lot more casual about sex). And as someone with a diagnosed case of infertility, nothing frustrates me more than these two facts. 

Post # 19
    1126 posts
    Bumble bee

Yeah I got pregnant just after starting a new job at work in a management position and whilst sorting out our house extension. I was very stressed.

Post # 22
    5019 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2017

I am typically a stressed and anxious person.  I was told by many to relax and not over think TTC.  However, I believe in taking control and educating myself.  Some people do conceive very quickly and while with others it can take an insanely long time.  I used an app to guesstimate my fertile window but did not limit sex to only those days.  We were consistent in trying and the month I conceived we used the Trifecta Method.  Had we not been successful this last cycle I would have begun temping. But none of the steps I took towards TTC caused me stress. It was actually empowering to feel as if I had some control. 

Post # 23
    2238 posts
    Buzzing bee

People who say that probably got pregnant first month trying…and had no experience with fertility issues whatsoever. I think advice is complete bs and extremely insensitive and dismissive. People get pregnant while undergoing fertility treatments, which by nature is very stressful and make people “think about it all the time”..people get pregnant while having stressful jobs or family issues. And people get pregnant in extreme stress situations, war torn countries, poverty, from sexual assault. If one had to not be stressed to get pregnant, we would be extinct 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors