(Closed) Poll: Are you a Facebook bride?

posted 9 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Do you post about your wedding planning on Facebook?
    Not only do a post status updates, I use Facebook to get vendor recommendations too : (16 votes)
    4 %
    I do, but only when I am having a tough day or just crossed off a big to-do : (137 votes)
    31 %
    Never! I don't want to talk about my wedding in front of people who aren't invited : (285 votes)
    65 %
  • Post # 17
    55 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I posted when I got engaged and I also posted a “2 months from today” post. But that was it. I havent said anything about planning. Really I don’t think most people will care how your planning is going. Friends who want to know ask me in person and we talk about it. I think posting about everything that is going on would be a little over kill and by the time the wedding got here people would just be glad that they don’t have to hear about it anymore! Lol!

Post # 18
    2503 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I will like vendors on FB and follow wedding blogs and whatnot on FB. I also changed my relationship status. Other than that, I never posted anything bc we were trying to keep it small and intimate and people were already asking us for invites or expecting invites. Awkward. 

Post # 19
    500 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I don’t really post anything because certain people are not going to be invited and I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. Also, my Fiance and I are pretty private people so I just don’t post many things to begin with. I posted when we got engaged but that’s about it.

Post # 20
    500 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Hm.  I’ll post occasional exciting things but not too much.  Most of my list is not invited and I figure the stalkers can get their fill with the pics I post after the fact.

Post # 21
    3951 posts
    Honey bee

I posted a few of my engagement pictures… and I think I posted on a friend’s wall once when I got her RSVP (can’t remember for sure), but I think that’s it.

It’s funny – I like reading how the planning is going for other brides (even if I’m not invited), but I have no desire to post about my wedding.

Post # 22
    6297 posts
    Bee Keeper

I changed my status, and uploaded some photos from when we got engaged, along with a couple of engagement photos. Aside from that, I don’t talk about it AT ALL. I just don’t want to deal with random facebook people thinking they’re invited. 

Post # 23
    3501 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

psshh facebook doesnt even know im engaged

Post # 24
    741 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

The last time I posted on facebook about my wedding was when I got engaged. The next time will be after I’m married. I have friends who constantly post about their wedding, shower, and everything else and it drives me nuts. Not everyone is invited, so they don’t need to hear about what time your shower is, or that you haven’t gotten your RSVPs.

Worse, I have a friend who asked for donations to pay for her wedding. On facebook. From people who weren’t invited. So, I just try to avoid at all costs.

Post # 25
    316 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012 - Hacienda los Agaves

As far as people on facebook’s concern I’m not planning a wedding. A family member was actually surprised at how much I have done so far cause she tought I wasn’t planning just cause it wasn’t all over facebook.

I think the only hints are that I liked the FB pages of our venue, our photographer, my gown designer and weddingbee, but that all.

Post # 26
    1767 posts
    Buzzing bee

I post VERY occasionally, and it’s usually nothing that gives anything away. I’ve had the last 2 weeks from hell, and so recently it was “Wedding planning is hard” – and that’s it. I posted when we got engaged, of course, but that was over a year ago. My Fiance posted “Wedding band get” when he got his ring. I’m trying to remember anything else… but honestly, I don’t think I have! I don’t like giving away all the details to everyone and their mom.  

*EDIT – Oh, and I recently had my bridal shower… and my Maid/Matron of Honor posted pics all day long as it was happening. That really bothered me, actually. We had to have a talk. I’m going to be asking people NOT to post on FB with pics from the wedding day, but rather allow me to post my own as we go along. 

Post # 27
    1237 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I’m in the group of “very rarely.”  I think, in the 2.5 years I’ve been engaged, I’ve made 2 posts on FB:  1.) To announce being engaged; 2.) Monday when I crossed off a huge portion on my To Do list.

I get really sick of reading everyone’s play-by-plays when they’re planning an event/wedding/preparing for a baby/etc. so I honestly rarely post on FB anymore and knew I never wanted to be “one of those people.”

Post # 28
    6580 posts
    Bee Keeper

I’m the complete opposite of everyone (and now feeling a little stupid) but I’m a FB girl, I love FB. I post when I finish something big or about how excited I am.

Post # 29
    320 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

I don’t and I get soooooo anoyed when I see other people do it!

Post # 30
    1498 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I made 3 posts from engagement to wedding day (13 months)– one was our engageversary, one was when I had my first dress fitting, and one was recounting a special wedding bonding moment I had with my mom. Each post was at least 2 months apart. I thought that wasn’t overdoing it, but sharing some special exciting moments.

I should also add that once I got engaged, I deleted over 80% of my facebook friends. Having made the transition from college student to real adult, I’ve realized I didn’t want all these random people seeing my pictures from intimate moments of my life. Now the people I’m friends with are people who actually care about me/I actually care about.

Post # 31
    8426 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

We changed out status to “engaged” and put up some engagement photos. That is enough for me. Even then I got some comments on the photos from people that aren’t invited to the wedding with things like “When’s the big day?!” Awkward lol.

The topic ‘Poll: Are you a Facebook bride?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors