- 4 years ago
- Wedding: July 2017
I’m all about bling and there are a lot of choices and I can’t make up my mind at all. I like pretty much all of them and keep switching my choice. My family and Bridesmaid or Best Man are conflicted opinions so not helping narrow it down.
1. This was my mom and aunt’s favorite. I feel indifferent about it though.
2. My least favorite but threw it in there for a taste of the ‘Y’ style with the neckline.
3. My favorite in person but didn’t translate to pictures like I thought.
4. I LOVE collar/choker necklaces so I like this a lot in principle but think there is too much chest space open which I feel a little self conscious about (I hadn’t wanted a strapless dress so still getting used to that).
5./6. Same necklace with the larger matching earrings or smaller earrings. This was actually my favorite in photographs. I think it is very striking and will show up well even in far away shots. But everyone else said it was too heavy looking and formal for my casual outdoor wedding.
7. My other thought was doing a blingy headband and toning down the necklace. We didn’t have any so this is just the choker necklace draped over to give an idea of what the headband would be. We didn’t have any other silver jewelry but I was thinking something very simple, a thin silver chain and just a single diamond pendant or similar.
8. Again with the simulated headband. I don’t have this necklace (it is photoshopped) but it’s one I found online and fell in love with. It’s 2 hummingbirds which is a bird I have an emotional attachment with. It only comes in brass and has different thicker chain with beads so I am thinking I could swap out the chain and get silver plate coating to make it similar to this.
I also included a side view with ‘the headband’. I am really liking how striking it is with my hair and then I will have something fun in my hair still when I take the veil off. My mom and aunt like it but 2 of my Bridesmaid or Best Man aren’t a fan of it.