Post # 1
I just wanted to make a poll to illustrate changes in activity on the forums since the layout changed. I’m sure the admins have some way of observing overall traffic levels, but that doesn’t really give much information about individual user activity. Of course, this isn’t going to be a perfect poll, because I know many users have stopped coming to the forums altogether. Still, I hope this will provide some insight.
Post # 2
I was visiting hourly to keep up on the August Moms board… but now I just stick to our facebook page. It’s a bummer because I really love the WB community, but navigating the new site is a total chore.
Post # 3
I forgot to say: Please spread the word about this poll, in hopes of getting a more representative sample. If you are in touch with bees who no longer/rarely stop by, let them know about it, too. For some reason I can’t edit the original post… perhaps because there is a poll?
I used to stop by here every day. Currently, I come by about once a week. If even that.
Post # 4
Absolutely. I’d say I’m in the drastic category.
Post # 5
- Wedding: May 2013 - Pavilion overlooking golf course scenery, reception at banquet hall
Voted 50%. I think if they did about 3 things, I’d be back to normal:
1 OP box around posts (planned)
2 Remove post previews on boards homepage (so I can be exposed to more threads quicker and decide on a large scale if I want to participate in some)
3 Make messages point you to WHERE someone replied to you (I think this is planned)
Everything else is just gravy, but those 3 would help a lot. Moving the related posts below the comment box helped a lot, too.
Edit: Thanks for reminding me, bug: ALSO fix the html issues. If I hit shift+enter I want to see a soft break like it shows in the text pane, not </ br> or whatever that ends up in the post itself.
Post # 6
Drastic change. I am rarely here and make very few comments or posts, and don’t follow posts in a conversational way as I used to, because I cannot figure out the new WB layout.
There are so many things I’d like to add, or to reply to, but don’t – it’s just too difficult and SLOW.
Post # 7
bumping for you. I also voted for drastic change.
Post # 8
No change but I definitely preferred the old WB!
Post # 9
The new layout confuses me, but maybe once I figure it out it’ll visit as frequently as I once did.
Post # 10
I voted for drastic change. The new layout is hard to get used to and I don’t comment nearly as much as I did before.
Post # 11
- Wedding: April 2013 - A court...
25-50%? Ish? I think lol. The first few days I barely came on since it took a looong time to load the site but that issues been fixed. And before I used to mainly stick to first couple of pages on the board, but so far it’s been the same threads being commented on so I lose interest quickly but I’m trying to make it work 😛 Plus, doesn’t help that a few bees jumped ship/ mainly lurk so less threads & comments.
Post # 12
I can’t vote because there’s no option for me, I’m actually on ALOT more often & post ALOT more now too. The old WB had some kind of glitch on my phone where I couldn’t actually write out my comment in the comment box, I would have to write it out in my memo pad, then copy & paste so obviously it was quite an inconvenience. I do think there are alot of other gitches & features missing now but I’m hopeful that they’ll sort it out eventually. I’m definitely sticking around for now 🙂
Post # 13
This poll was a great idea.
Since the site is slower now I am reading much less, and therefore posting much less.
Sticking around but there’s definitely been a change in how much I am on the Bee 🙁
Post # 14
- Wedding: September 2013 - B&B
I am on soooo much less :/ I love the bee and hope that when I am TTC I can be part of the TTC and baby boards and stuff. But honestly I am on it so much less for two reasons:
1) Although I really don’t hate the new layout and I am patient to wait for changes/fixes, the fact that the drop down menus STILL don’t go away and automatically ALL drop down is really annoying. And I really miss the OP box, but I know its supposed to come back. I am hopeful that as changes are implemented it gets better. Like I said I don’t think I am leaving, but I am definitely not posting or even lurking as much until things start to get better
2) SO many others have left that quite frankly, with less traffic, there’s less for me to comment on. I am not planning a wedding any longer and not yet TTC, so I am in that inbetween stage where I hang around on the Not Wedding Related boards, just to shoot the breeze and procrastinate and be a part of the overall community. So with so much less traffic, well… much less to chat about and fewer people to chat about it with.
Post # 15
- Wedding: November 2009 - New York, NY
Drastic change for me, but what annoys me the most is how much I have to click and read through the thread to get to a message sent to me and how thread activity does not show an accurate timestamp. Also, the fact that I no longer can access my uploaded pictures makes me a picture-less poster now.