Post # 16
Well, not all of us are hunkering down. My husband works at a hospital so he goes to work 2 or 3 days a week. My daughter and I are home (I’m a teacher). My XH, my daughter’s dad, is here enough because of her that I consider him one of the people I’m “with” in this. My best guy friend has been coming over too, but he’s just him and doesn’t have much people interaction. So am I 3, 4 or 5?
Post # 17
Hmm this is not scientific haha, but I would say the number of people who regularly sleep at your place. Is your husband a doctor or nurse?
Post # 18
It’s just me and my husband. He’s still going into work though (less hours than normal but he goes in when he needs to) so it’s just me alone a lot during the day as I’m now 100% working from home.
– Is this your normal situation? Yup.
– Are you happy with the size of your household, or wish there were more/less of you? Yes, very. We are both pretty introverted (him more so than me) so being cooped up with other people would be super draining.
– Have you learned something new about each other? Haha…no. We’ve been together 12 years and we aren’t that social anyway. This honestly isn’t that different from our every day routine.
– How have you and your housemates made the best of things? We haven’t really had to change anything. The only change I’ve made is being better about meal planning so I only have to venture out to the grocery store once a week.
– Any additional furry family members? Yup! We have a doggo who I think hates the social distancing more than we do because she’s not getting lots of pets from strangers like she usually does on her walks around our apartment complex.
Post # 19
My hubby and two cats! 💑🐱🐱
Post # 20
Oh no – you’re dog must be traumatized over that!
Are your cats okay you’re around more? Unlike that viral cat who wasn’t into it? (angry quarantine cat: https://youtu.be/CrjGJDBg2wc
Post # 21
- Wedding: December 2017 - Courthouse
I’m happy that it’s just me and my husband. I’m 36 weeks pregnant and a little worried about catching the virus and being separated from our baby. We have a cat and a dog. Unfortunately my husband’s company won’t let him work from home but both of us haven’t gone out in public (other than my husbands job) for almost a week. I did our meal plan and we’re good on groceries for at least another week or two so we really aren’t going anywhere.
Post # 22
– Is this your normal situation? (for example, have you moved back in with parents or vice versa?) – normal
– Are you happy with the size of your household, or wish there were more/less of you? – yes but my SO doesn’t alway work from home so this I am unhappy about in the present day situation
– Have you learned something new about each other? (for better or for worse) not yet lol
– How have you and your housemates made the best of things? (new routines, etc.) not yet, I am ina state of shock, just came back from Europe but I will for sure develop new productive routines soon
– Any additional furry family members? – We have cat which we love dearly and an aquarium with frogs and fish
Post # 23
Me, my husband, our au pair, our toddler, and our infant twins. In 2 weeks once we’ve been 100% quarantined for 14 days (our night nanny was coming until yesterday), our toddler will start spending 3 days / week with my parents so I can work. They are also 100% quarantined, so I guess we are extensions of each others’ households.
Post # 24
Me, my husband, and our cat.
We live in 425 square feet (whee, NYC) so if he gets sick and has to quarantine at home, we may be in trouble.
Post # 25
Just my husband and I and our unborn son ! and two small dogs. This is our usual household size. We are both practicing pretty strict isolation and even ordering groceries instead of picking them up.
I felt stir crazy at first but now I am settling more into a routine. I still teach but now it’s via Zoom so that helps with providing a sense of normalcy.
I am 6 months pregnant and happy to be able to stay home and away from contracting the virus. Very thankful to also have a large backyard for the dogs but now also for us to walk around in while still being “isolated.”
Post # 26
It’s me, my husband, our son and my mother. Plus our dog. I’m loving it, for the most part. Our house is large enough that we’ve all got our own spaces to go to, if need be, but cozy enough that we’re getting plenty of quality time together.
Post # 27
Just me and my husband, and we’re happy with that mostly. But we had been ttc and have stopped temporarily because of health fears related to pregnancy and corona, so while I’d love for us to have a little one, now doesn’t seem like the best time. No desire to be quarantined with other family or friends, though — I’ll be excited to hang out with more people whenever things improve, but in the meantime I’ve been having regular calls and skype dates that scratch the itch for social interaction.
Post # 28
It’s just me and my husband! But he is still working 12 hour shifts. His job is essential so he will continue to work no matter what. He is home half the time.
Post # 29
- Wedding: Malibou Lake Mountain Club
its my husband, kiddo and fur baby.
Im fine with the size. What i have learned is that WOW, the daycare knows how to work with my kid. That two year old requires A LOT of attention and hands on activities. We dont pay them enough. My husband and I have 8-5 jobs plus i go to grad school on some nights, so this is craziness to me. Though, it has been nice and heartwarming to see how much my kiddo has learn and he loves to show us things.
Post # 30
It’s just been me, Dh, our 2yo son, and our cat since March 8. It’s been insanely hard because our toddler is SUCH a handful and we’ve both been working from home on our around-the-clock jobs.
We’re home in Manhattan with no plans to get out of the city. I wish my ILs could move into our guest bedroom, but we were sick and they’re still sick, so that won’t be a possibility until we’re all fully recovered.
SuperKate : LoveMySillyBug :
Sounds like we’re in similar boats! Good luck to you guys!!