- 3 years ago
So even though this is Not Wedding Related… I feel this is a great community, and I felt comfortable coming here to ask this..
When I say savings I don’t mean for wedding, although it could include that, but I just mean in general, for cushion, or peace of mind, or maybe a savings with a purpose, it includes all!
I’ve seen other posts where bees in their early to late 20s have thousands and thousands in savings!! and maybe even a home! So I just want to know your secret, even if you’re not in your 20s… I feel like I am missing something here, maybe just discipline, idk!
So my questions, if you’re comfortable sharing, even a vague figure..
– How old are you?
– How much do you have in savings?
– Do you mentally separte it from the rest of your money, or do have an actual savings account, or several accounts for different savings purposes.?
– What’s your annual income?
– How much do you try to save a month?
– What do you feel you spend most on, and what do you try to sacrifice?
– Any other secret tip you may have?
These are just main questions but if you have any other things you want to share, feel free! the more the merrier 🙂
– I am 23
– I have ALMOST $4,000 in my savings account.
– I have a spreadsheet I use to allocate my savings money into differnt categories, to try and keep it organized.. but I do like to separate it from the rest of my money.. to kind of get it out of my mind.. and pretend it doesn’t exist..
– My income is in the mid 50k range.. which is pretty good I think, and the job is pretty good as well.. it’s my first “big girl” job..
– I try to save about at least 400 a month.. but it’s usually less.. and I am trying to fix that..
– I would say my biggest fall is my rent.. its like $840, but I really like the area, and living alone I get picky on where I live.. plus I also have things like washer dryer, in the unit.. that’s where the “snootyness” in me comes in and I didn’t want a cheaper place without those perks..
Also eating out alot.. which im am dropping lately and tyring to eat at home more.. and of course, driving to see my boyfriend who lives about 1hr40min away.. adds up after a while.. (he comes see me too, hehe)
– Tips? NO IDEA! I need some 😀 hehe
Hopefully this didn’t bore all of you to death.. I am just trying to learn from what others do and is working for them! thank you!!