Poll: March 2019 or November 2019 wedding?

posted 1 year ago in Logistics
  • poll: When would you have this wedding?
    March 2019 : (17 votes)
    68 %
    November 2019 : (7 votes)
    28 %
    Other (plz explain in a comment!) : (1 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 2
    733 posts
    Busy bee

It sounds like you’d prefer the March date, so if you think you can plan a wedding in that amount of time, go for it.

Post # 3
    874 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2019

Personally I’d go with November, but I live in a big city and vendors book up at least a year in advance. But it sounds like March may be better for you, so I’d say as long as you go in with an open mind that you might not get your first choice vendors, go for it!

Post # 4
    3 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: November 2019

I’m a little biased. November 2019 bride. But it sounds like you think the March date would work better with your schedule for photos and grad school. If your already looking into planning and things. 6 months should be no problem as long as you stick to it! Best wishes!!!

Post # 5
    39 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: March 2019

Also a little biased being a March 2019 bride, but my vote is for March! We’re in the beginning stages of a 9-month engagement and I wish it was even shorter! At least in our neck of the woods, booking vendors for March has been an absolute breeze, everyone’s available and discounts are abundant. One thing to keep in mind is travel cost if you are planning a destination honeymoon. Travel near Thanksgiving may be difficult, but on the other hand our date is 3/16/19 which is proving to be a little more costly given many schools are in their spring break at that time.

Just my thoughts. Pick whatever works best for you!

Post # 6
    76 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: March 2018

considering the cons you have stated about November 2019, it’s better to get married sooner and concentrate more on your education in November πŸ˜‰

Post # 7
    835 posts
    Busy bee

I’m in a similar position, not engaged yet but doing some “mild” research (ha!) 

March sounds like it will work better for what you envision, so that’s what I picked. I think it’s 100% doable to plan a wedding in 6 months as long as you’re flexible & diligent! 

Can’t wait for your proposal post! 

Post # 8
    54 posts
    Worker bee

catspajamas_beesknees :  Take a look at the first few days in November. I am getting married 11/02/19.  We wanted october but picked the first weekend in november because guest minimum was lower.  It is also the day before the clocks change so we still get the extra hour πŸ™‚ 

Good luck! 

Post # 10
    1431 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2021 - Kauai, HI

As a fellow Minnesota bee. I say Brrrrrr to both months!  Do you remember March and April last year?  Blizzard after blizzard all spring…. why not may or June?  Less risky weather wise. 

Post # 11
    1953 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2019

I am also a biased March 2019 bride, but that’s what I voted for! We are in St. Louis, so like you the weather can be literally ANYTHING on the 23rd. Snow, rain, sunshine, 30’s, 60’s 80’s, tornado, beautiful, its all happened! 

We just got engaged like a month ago, but we made the March decision because we didn’t want it hanging over our heads for a year. The other date the venue had was August, but we both enjoy going to the lake all summer and we have a TON of weddings next summer. So this way we got ours out of the way! 

You can definitely plan a wedding in like 6mos! Just do some research before hand! I ordered a dress that can be made in 3-4mos (Stella York) so find a dress designer that can be made quickly, start getting quotes from caterers, photographers, etc. now and you will be golden! 

Post # 12
    5957 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: September 2015

catspajamas_beesknees :  Being from Minnesota, I would say there’s less chance of a snowstorm in November…

Post # 14
    4044 posts
    Honey bee

catspajamas_beesknees :  I like November better because it gives you a longer engagement to plan and save. Also, for some reason I can’t explain, I feel kinda odd having my wedding a bit early on in the year. But in your case, it sounds like March is better.

ETA: I saw your April update late.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors