(Closed) Poll – Not seeing your fi/husband for a year for $100,000g. Would you do it?

posted 8 years ago in Military
  • poll: If your fi/husband deploys for one year, he will come back with $100,000.

I want him to deploy.

I do NOT want him to deploy.

• Post # 122
    543 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

you also have to consider what they want. My Fiance got out of the military a little over a year ago, but he loved deploying and doing his job. he considered contracting at first, and it scared the crap out of me that he’d be over there for so long and i cou;dnn’t see him.. but i finally realized that is what he really wanted to do and i wouldn’t stop him. luckily he could not find a contracting job, but still i would have supported him 100% not for the money, but for his happiness

Post # 123
    458 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I just want to say a few things:

Yes military contractors and support personnel (not enlisted) have a chance to say no. They aren’t required to go overseas. And yes, many make 100k. Military guys make little money, but contractors and other forces like CIA, State Dept. make lots. They get danger pay, etc. I know many, many guys who come back and buy large houses when they return. DH was gone for 3 weeks once and came home with 6k (on top of normal salary) just due to per diem and danger pay.

Post # 124
    676 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

If it is what you SO wants then let him do it. Growing up with a former Marine father and my entire extended family in the military, and around a large concentration of military bases I just believe in supporting the military. Or military contractors considering my uncle is now one. I am not going to say it won’t be hard because it will but the money I am sure would be helpful(I mean who wouldn’t want an extra 100k), and if it is what your SO wants and you keep him from doing it it will only lead to resentment later down the line. When you marry someone with that type of job it is the chance you take.

View original reply
    @BuffaloDots:  Also I understand what you mean, my best friend is in the Army and unfortunately in a field that doesn’t allow him to be on a base with internet or anything during deployments. I would say on average he gets to contact the outside world about once every 3-4 months when he is deployed, not everyone is like you see on tv where they get to skype their wife every night.

Post # 125
    1652 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

NO! He could get killed. I love him too much to put a price on his life. Money is nothing to me, he is my live, my love, my every day and the father of my unborn child.

Post # 126
    2742 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2014 - Disney

My Fiance works in an industry that he makes over 100k a year. He gets sent to not so happy places every now and again. I am never happy when they send him. To me the money means jack, his safety is everything.

The topic ‘Poll – Not seeing your fi/husband for a year for $100,000g. Would you do it?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors