Post # 1
After reading a post on centerpieces I thought it might be interesting to have a post on what people are using for centerpieces so we can all get some great ideas.
Please answer the following:
1) What did you centerpiece consist of?
2) Approximate Cost per centerpiece?
3) Where did you purchase the materials?
Attach a picture if you have one!
1) My centerpiece consists of a large round vase filled with blue and silver christmas ornaments (December wedding) and 12 voltive candles in glass holders which I wrapped with blue and silver sparkly transparent ribbon.
3) Michael’s for the vase and candle holders (on clearance), Costco for the ribbon, ornaments were bought at various stores last year following Christmas.
My centerpiece is similar to this: but with candles and blue/silver ornaments.
Post # 3
I am not a foofy flower person..I like more funk. 🙂 My wedding is October 11, so I have no pictures..but this is what we are planning.
1) What did you centerpiece consist of? A large glass vase that will be used as a "ice bucket" filled with ice and gold marbles with a black and gold champagne bottle that will be used for the toasts. There will be candles everywhere.
2) Approximate Cost per centerpiece? $4 for the vase, $10 for the champagne, $5? for candles?
3) Where did you purchase the materials? Walmart and a liquor store! 🙂
This is going to look very elegant, yet still be my style. 🙂
Post # 4
1) What did you centerpiece consist of? I wanted somehting that felt fall but didn’t shout "FALL!". It’s a low glass bowl with birch branches sticking out of it and martha poms in fall colors attached to the brances.
2) Approximate Cost per centerpiece? 3$ per bowl,$2 floral foam, $2 for filler in the bowl, $1 per centerpiece of tissue paper. Birch branches were free as they had already fallen off the trees at work and I took them before the landscapers could clean them up. My labor on the tissue is free, and so was the interns’ labor for picking up the birch branches for me 🙂
3) Where did you purchase the materials? Bowls were from Ikea, foam, filler, and paper were purchased at Michaels.
Post # 5
1) What did you centerpiece consist of? low clear glass bowls with lemons, alternating with tall black candleabra with white tapers down long tables.
2) Approximate Cost per centerpiece? For the bowls about $8 each including the lemons, andI think I can swing about $10 each for the candleabra including the tapers.
3) Where did you purchase the materials? I will be purchasing the bowls from Ikea or Michael’s. The candleabras will be from an awesome store by me called Dealer’s Discount where they have TONS and TONS of crafting things sold at cost and in bulk. Fabulous.
Post # 6
1. I had two taht I alternated between. On was a metal rectangle container with river rocks around the sides and grass I had planted. The other was a tall tulip shaped vase with river rocks in the bottom and a floating candle at the top. Each center piece had votives arouns it with sand at the bottom of the votive holder. I wanted a very earthly look. I loved it.
2. & 3. The vases were a dollar a piece (walmart) as were the silver containers for the grass (Target dollar bins). The river rocks came from Ikea for about $3 a bag and we bought about 5 bages. Grass was basically free since I used supplies from my dad. Candles and holders were about $50 for 72 from Cudge.net. Floating candles were $15 for 6 of them.