(Closed) Poll: What type of C&C do you want when you post your images?

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: When you post wedding and engagement pictures, what type of C&C do you want?
    I only want to hear how good I look : (27 votes)
    25 %
    I want to hear honest opinions, good and bad : (33 votes)
    31 %
    I am interested in hearing what other pro's think of my images : (15 votes)
    14 %
    I wish the pro's would leave, I am not interested in what they have to say about my pictures : (31 votes)
    29 %
  • Post # 3
    1077 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

A girl posted some beautiful engagement pics today and got prompt critical feedback on the photography.  Boo.  She was sharing her joy, not soliciting critique.

Post # 4
    1843 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I, personally, want to hear the good and bad but I also post, “would love your opinions” (and I do want honest opinions).  I haven’t seen the other thread but I have seen previous posts where people post their photos (not asking for opinions but moreso to share) and sometimes those comments can be taken harshly (because they were probably unaware that they weren’t good from a professional’s point of view).

Criticism is hard to take, especially with something like photos because once they’re done, they’re done (people don’t typically tend to have them redone because someone on the internet told them they were poor quality).

I would say – if someone asks for a critique, give it to them … otherwise they probably don’t want you picking apart their photos.

Post # 5
    2104 posts
    Buzzing bee

I don’t want opinions on what’s wrong with them…you already paid for the service, lived the day, you can’t go back, so what good could your negative feedback actually do?

Post # 7
    3364 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

I personally LOOK for the Pros and Message them for their opinions!! xo

And even did so prior to selecting and putting down our retainer for our Photography! xo

Post # 8
    2775 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

People should not ask for honesty when what they’re really seeking is validation.

Post # 10
    1285 posts
    Bumble bee

I didn’t vote for any of the above options, because i think it depends on the intention of a thread/ why the photos were posted. Is it to to show photos of a wonderful day to the hive? Is it to share the excitement about engament pictures? If so, i think it is totally inappropriate to give negative feedback because the OP only wants to share her happiness, nothing else.

But if someone specifically asks for advice or opinions ( or is not happy with her pictures for any reason, like in the thread mentioned above) then the Pros ( and others) should be brutally honest, otherwise it doesn’t help the OP. I think it’s great that the professional photographers take so much time to comment here and give that advice.

Post # 11
    6394 posts
    Bee Keeper

@Usuki: I completely agree. When I posted my e-pics, it was because I loved them and I wanted to share. Any negative feedback would have just hurt my feelings.

However, if I was unsure if they were good or not, and was thinking about switching before the wedding, I would love to hear feedback from pros! I didn’t see the thread in question, though, so I don’t know how stuff went down on it.

Post # 12
    7300 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

I only want the pro’s to jump in when it’s asked. I hate when someone posts their photos and they are happy and then a pro jumps in and basically trashes them. I’ve seen it happen here.

If someone is just sharing how awesome their day was and how happy they are with their photos then I don’t think the pros should point out everything wrong with the photo.

Now, if someone says “what do you think about this photographer?” or “Do you think we should continue with this photographer for our wedding?” or “I’m not too happy with the photos. What do you think it wrong with them or is it just me?” Then that’s an invite for the pro’s to step in and say whatever they need to say.

I feel like if someone was really wanting all kinds of feedback, they would send a private message to a pro instead of asking them to post negative things about another photographer in public.

Post # 13
    5655 posts
    Bee Keeper

I think that when it comes to pro pics being posted.. only good feedback should be given (unless specifically asked otherwise by the poster)…. I mean it’s not like the Bride & Groom are the ones that didn’t do their job right.

Now if someone posts “Opinions…” or things along those lines then I would my opinon… but certainly not in a circumstance like the OP described.

Post # 14
    236 posts
    Helper bee

@jo.lee: Agree! If it is a post to purely share the pictures and not ask for feedback, it might not be appropriate.

That being said, I love reading the Pros’ opinions.  From what I’ve read, they comment on the technical aspects and I like reading what they have to say. 

Post # 15
    3041 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2010

I’m a photog (advanced amateur/hobbyist, not a pro).

If a bride says “yay here’s my photos, I love my photog!” I don’t say anything unless I have something nice to say.

If a bride says “idk, what do you think? OR I don’t like this OR opinions please!” than I’ll say things, but in a constructive criticism way.

When I post photos I want constructive criticism. You can be as critical as you want as long as you aren’t being mean about it.

Its hard thou, sometimes honest feedback can truly help a bride switch photogs & they’re very thankful because it likely saved their wedding day photos. Sometimes they just want people to just share in their joy.

Post # 16
    2742 posts
    Sugar bee

Hmmm…, I don’t think I’ve ever seeen a bride posting her recaps and then a pro-photographer come and make comments about composition etc. The only times I’ve seen pros comment on posts about the pictures (composition etc) has been when the bride asked for comments. I know that I did ask some pros on this site for their take on my photographers and they were instrumental in helping me pick who I used!

The topic ‘Poll: What type of C&C do you want when you post your images?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors