- 5 years ago
- Wedding: October 2013
I will be wearing the Marisa 737 with a modified sweetheart neckline and a sparkly belt (I never thought I would be wearing a sparkly belt)… It is just what I wanted. Something romantic and flowy and perfect for an outdoor garden ceremony. I was so excited finally picking out a wedding dress, that I forgot to take pictures!
- Be willing and open to trying on things that you never would have picked out for yourself.
- If you really love the dress, go for it! My mom pretty much hated the dress I chose and didn’t think it looked like a wedding dress. She wanted me in something sparkly and cupcake. Although I would have loved it if she also loved the dress, I knew I had to make the decision on my own.
- Take pictures! I was too excited and I regret not taking the time to take pictures of the dress on me. I’ve already forgotten what I looked like in it.
- A good bridal consultant goes a long way…. My bridal consultant was awesome. She pulled dresses with characteristics that I asked for, but also pulled things that I never would have put myself in. The Marisa dress was something that I would have never picked for myself, but had all the characteristics that I wanted. She was also extremely patient with me as I debated between two dresses for an hour. I never thought I was wasting her time and always seemed to be her top priority.
- Make sure that the people you bring are positive… My mom was very negative throughout the process. When we walked in salon, I saw a dress that I absolutely loved. As I was looking at it, my mom made a comment that the dress wouldn’t look good on me because I’m not skinny enough. And when I was down to two dresses, she wanted me to pick the other dress because it was cheaper. She wasn’t paying for anything, so I’m not sure why that was her deciding factor. When I finally paid for my dress, all she kept saying was that the dress was too expensive and that I made the wrong choice.