(Closed) Portland, Maine & Portsmouth, New Hampshire – anyone been there?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 6
1145 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Visit Agave in Portsmouth, it’s a tequila bar and it is awesome!

For Portland, we highly recommend doing a nice dinner out.  Back Bay Grill, Street & Company, or Fore Street Tavern are all excellent.  Oh, and the nachos at Gritty McDuff’s are seriously good. 

You could also do a day trip to Kennebunkport or another beach-y area.  I believe in Freeport there is a place where you can do a half-day kyak tour. 

We are mini-mooning in Maine ourselves so these are some things we plan on doing.  Have fun!

Post # 7
2392 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh, Portland is great!  We were just there to visit my brother a couple of weeks ago.  If you’re staying downtown, there’s lots of restaurants and stuff within walking distance.

We went to five fifty-five for my Dad’s birthday and it was AMAZING.  Also Local 188 for brunch.  So tasty!

Post # 9
4693 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

You should stop at George’s in Biddeford, ME for an italian sandwich while you’re in Maine!  They are absolutely to die for.  I regularly make the 6 hour round trip because they are so worth it!

Post # 12
121 posts
Blushing bee

@MissBoPeep: Where is George’s in Biddeford, I’ve never heard of it!

Post # 14
4693 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@julia924: Here‘s the address!  I’m getting hungry just thinking about getting a sandwich there!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
1145 posts
Bumble bee

Oooh, we’re going to add Five Fifty-Five to our list!

Post # 16
2889 posts
Sugar bee

I love Portsmouth, New Husband unfortunately I don’t have names of places but I can tell you there is a tiny silver shop kind of close to the water I really like. I think they are some kinf of outlet because their prices are really good. There’s also a lot of nice artsy shops downtown. It’s really a small concentrated area so I would just recommend walking around the downtown area near the harbor and poping into anything that looks interesting. There is also a restaurant with seating on a dock/boat in the harbor that has amazing nachos! I know this is all vague and most likely unhelpful.

On a more concrete note, take half a day and head to York Beach, check out the Nubble light and eat ic cream at the shop on the way to the lighthouse, you’ll figure that out really easily as it is the only one. Go to downtown York as well, it’s touristy with salt water taffy shops and beach souviners but it’s cute. There’s also a beach and arcade but, in my experience the water is still too cold for swimming in June. York is between Pourtsmouth and Kittery if I remember correctly and boys like it better than outlets so maybe you could do both in the same day as you transition from ME to New Husband.

The topic ‘Portland, Maine & Portsmouth, New Hampshire – anyone been there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors