(Closed) Possibly TMI, did math & may be on period on wedding night:(. Sex or?

posted 8 years ago in Intimacy
Post # 3
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Girl, this totally sucks…

but definitely DO NOT have sex with your period going on.

If you’ve waited to have sex until marriage (kudos!!!) then, trust me, it makes you a bit self-conscious just doing it for the first time in general. Now, as women, we all know that having your period makes you feel ick all the way around… now imagine trying to bare all for your honey in that instance… not pleasant!!

Hopefully the period holds off for a day or two at least!

Good luck!

Post # 4
174 posts
Blushing bee

Are you on the pill?  If so, you can adjust your week of regular pills to be on your wedding week, to delay your period until the subsequent week. 

If I read correctly that you are a virgin (you said you’ve been waiting til marriage), then you might bleed when you first have sex anyway.  But if he has had much sex either, the period might freak him out — and it will make you feel self-conscious during your wedding and wedding night/honeymoon.

My advice is to keep the date that you have, and get on the pill if you aren’t already, and then take a 4th week of regular pills to delay your period til the 5th week.

Post # 5
169 posts
Blushing bee

You say you are a virgin but have you been sexual at all with your guy (I know a lot of ladies who are virgins at least experiment with other sex acts)? If  this will truly be your first time seeing one another or performing any sexual acts I would save it until you are finished with your cycle.

But I=if you are comfortable, go for it.Turn the lights down super low and lay a towel on the bed so the mess is easy to clean up. Or for even more fun, and no clean up, go for it in the shower ๐Ÿ˜‰

For whatever its worth, I like sex on my period and that is usually when I want it the most, haha.

Post # 7
5118 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I agree with Msnelson. If you’re not opposed to the pill, I’d try to get on it as soon as you can so you can schedule it for a week before or after. If the pill isn’t an option, then I’d talk with Fiance about how comfortable you two are with intimacy and your period lining up at the same time. Especially as a virgin, that can be a lot more stress and worry to add in, but like PPs have said, if you’re comfortable with it you can make it work. 

Post # 8
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am also waiting till my wedding night so I can understand the troubles you are facing… I would be upset if my period were to fall the same day, but there are quite a few options here ๐Ÿ™‚ Like some of the other girls said…

1. Get on the pill so you can control when your period happens.  Because you have issues in the past this is kinda tricky.. because you don’t want to break out for your wedding!! However, consult your doctor, maybe there is another brand that would agree more with you? I know that when I went on the pill for cramps I needed to try 3 difference brands before I found one that agreed with me.  But you don’t have all that much time to experiment so this may not be the best option, but you could always try it!

2. Risk it. Maybe you will get your period, maybe you won’t.  Sometimes stress can even delay periods, and chances are that you will be a bit stressed the days leading up to the wedding.  And if you get your period, which you may not, then you and your husband can determine then if you want to have sex or not.  If it’s light you could just do it on the bed with a towel, or the shower.

Good luck!

Post # 9
169 posts
Blushing bee

Just to clarify, do you mean December of this year (next month) or next year (2011)?Obviously you don’t have time to get on the pill if your wedding is next month! As you know from experience, the pill is tricky and can send your system out of whack for a couple of months.

Post # 11
1253 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

i would say no to the hot tub. ever have a bath while you’re on your period? I did, without a tampon. Once. and i never did again. nuff said. anyways, my boyfriend and i have had sex while i’m on my period. we just lay down a towel and then jump in the shower afterwards. depending on your flow, it might look like a horror movie after, or it might not ๐Ÿ˜‰ but either way, for better or for worse right??? i would also suggest some type of birth control pill that way you can control when you get it.

Post # 12
1213 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Like OP, I suggest going on the pill – that way you’ll be able to calculate exactly when “Aunt Flow” will be in town and possibly re-arrange your pills accordingly if necessary (since you two aren’t already having sex, it shouldn’t be a problem).

Funny enough, that was one of the first things that my Fiance checked on when we were looking for wedding dates — the lil perv ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 13
971 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

Some gals use the Instead menstrual cup during their period to contain their flow during sex.  You could try that for your wedding night and consecutive nights with your period.  But I would practice inserting it prior to your wedding so you know how to do it.  I guess it’s like a diaphragm or cervical cap and, although I haven’t used it, I guess it’s supposed to work. 

Post # 14
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

Well it says that your wedding date is in January 2011, so you have time to get on the pill so you would be able to skip your period. If you don’t want to do that, then if your flow isn’t that heavy, I say go for it.  Just put a towel down and hop in the shower after.  I always have sex with my period because my flow is never heavy and neither of us mind.  And sex in a hot tub = horrible idea. It was one of the worse sexual encounters of my life. haha.  I don’t mind fooling around in the shower, but is that really how you want your first time to be?  I think being in bed would be so much more comfortable.

Post # 15
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

You could try a different pill than the one you had in the past. There are many different types of BC pills out there, with different levels of hormones and different types of hormones. Many women have to try several different kinds of pill before they find one that works for them.

Post # 16
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

the instead cup was the first thing to pop into my mind.  in my experience, it takes more practice getting it out gracefully than putting it in, but if definitely created a pretty good barrier.

additionally, i’ve gone on the shot when i’ve realized that my period is going to mess with an occasion.  the first time i was on the shot, it elimiated my period with very little breakthrough bleeding, if any at all.  the second time was more of a gamble.  and on a personal note, i did gain a bit of weight after the second time on the shot, but that was only after a few months of using it.

The topic ‘Possibly TMI, did math & may be on period on wedding night:(. Sex or?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors