(Closed) Post a Thon chat thread 12/11/09

posted 8 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 3
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

I am working on the most annoying paper I’ve ever written, then getting a headstart on cleaning the apt for a little holiday party we’re throwing next week. Fun times! πŸ˜‰

Post # 4
990 posts
Busy bee

Ugh, I work this weekend… and I’m in for my long stretch of days … 9 in a row. But then I’m off for 9!! So it’s alright. Basically, I’ll be staying home and occasionally hanging out with some of my girls! Not seeing Cam since he’s far away and doesn’t have a car!! GRAR! Yell

Post # 6
990 posts
Busy bee

@Mrs. DG- What are you baking for us?

@Spaniel – what’s the paper on? Just take breaks to chat a bit … you can get through it!!

Post # 7
1901 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m going to be packing. Starting with the books and moving on to breakables that don’t get used much (vases, decor, etc).

Post # 8
4480 posts
Honey bee

It’s on jury selection for capital cases. In theory it’s a very interesting subject… in practice I have no interest in it. πŸ™‚ I am trying to just take short breaks and chat, as opposed to just chatting and putting off the last eight pages for another day!

Post # 9
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

Saturday is packed with bootcamp in the morning, volunteer work in the afternoon, and party in the evening!  It is all fun stuff, but I might need an extra day to recover from my weekend!

Post # 10
2271 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

I am recovering from our division Christmas party which is held in my classroom. My elves (lab assistants) straightened up the lab and decorated it with lights and other festive touches. Got to see a lot of folks including my former professor and mentor who walked me down the aisle. I am making pasta salad tonight or tomorrow and going to a friend’s party tomorrow night. Will make a huge brunch on Sunday and get Christmas cards ready and grade lab finals.

Post # 11
Hostess
18643 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Not sure what I’m doing this weekend.  Probably cooking a bunch of food so I have leftovers to eat all week!

Post # 12
4480 posts
Honey bee

@mhirni: sleep in on Sunday!!

Post # 14
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hi MDG!

I am not sure what is on the agenda this weekend! Doing nothing sure sounds nice…I’d like to do some decorating around my apartment (for the holidays and just in general)- Future Mother-In-Law bought us a pine wreath and we’ve also decided to give our dining area a “chess” sort of theme, which I’ve decided to blow into a “chess/Alice in Wonderland” theme. We have these King and Queen wooden hanging pieces, and I want to get some chess pieces and keep them in a basket on our table, and I thought it would be cute to get/make chess placemats- so that when you put our placemats together they make a chess board! It’s an idea I’ve had for a while but have been to busy to really execute…

Also, my computer is acting weird so I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong/ how to fix it/ if i can fix it…

Post # 15
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Me and FH have my work Christmas party tonight, and then we are cocooning for the rest of the weekend (we haven’t spent a weekend home, alone, with neither of us working in months).

We actually have to do some serious housekeeping (we usually do a monthly “deep-clean” but we haven’t had the time to get it done).

Not too exciting – but I am excited that we will get our e-pics back sometime this weekend!!

Post # 16
1260 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hi everyone! I have been baking today too – I made gingerbread cookies and pita chips. I am hosting a pre-party prior to FI’s company Christmas party tomorrow night.

But guess what!! Last night Fiance and I exchanged Christmas gifts early (becuase we will not be spending the holidays together and I am leaving at the end of the weekend… BOO!) and he bought me a BEAUTIFUL pearl necklace! It is a STUNNER! I feel like Jackie-O when I wear it!

The topic ‘Post a Thon chat thread 12/11/09’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors