(Closed) Post D&C – how long to bleed?

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
2522 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@Magdalena:  I haven’t had a d & c but I suffer from hypermenorrhea.  Might I suggest a good multivitamin with iron.  I’m so sorry for your loss.

Post # 4
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@Magdalena:  

So sorry for your loss! I had a natural loss earlier this month that took about 7 days to finish. But my doctor presented me with the option of a D&C and told me any bleeding will have stopped at the 24 hour mark. Maybe call your doctor and ask his opinion?

Post # 5
1660 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Magdalena:  My sister had a D&C following a missed miscarriage and I remember her having bleeding for awhile… maybe 10-14 days? I’ll ask her about it next time I talk to her… I do remember her saying it was like a never ending period. I hope your bleeding stops asap… it’s totally understandable that you’re ready to be done with it. I am so very sorry for your loss. 🙁 I am PG myself and my HCG levels are terrible, so I fear my fate may be similar. It’s so difficult. Hugs to you…

Post # 6
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

@Magdalena:  I’m so sorry for your loss. Please let me know if you need to talk at all. 

I don’t mean to scare you, but I bled for about a month after my D&C. It was absolutely terrible. After the first 2 weeks, it started to slow a bit, and then it was just annoying for another week. We went down to the Bahamas on vacation the 4th week, and I actually think I got my period there. It finally stopped the day before we left to come home from vacation. 

I hope that your bleeding doesn’t last that long. The fact that it’s getting to be more of a bright red, just let your doctor know. 

Post # 7
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

I’m so sorry you are going through this. I only bled about a day (lightly) after my d&c. I would call your doctor a call.

The topic ‘Post D&C – how long to bleed?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors