Post # 1
Hey TTC Bees! I’m currently in my fertile week and fast approaching my TWW with nerves and some anxiety.
I’m a glass half full kind of girl and so I thought it might be nice if we could try to find positives if we get BFN’s this cycle. I want so badly to be pregnant, but I know it’s not always an easy process, so perhaps if we find positive things if we don’t fall pregnant this cycle, it may help keep our spirits high? 🙂
You can post as many or as little points as you like 🙂 I’ll start.
- It will give me more time to focus on home renovations, particularly painting as I don’t want to do much painting when pregnant.
- It will allow for another month of working, so another month of income prior to baby’s arrival.
- As each month goes past with BFN’s, we will be just that much happier when we finally see that line as it’ll be so long yearned for!
- It’s one more month of taking prenantals, other supplements and healthy eating to get my body into good health.
- Even though I’d love to be pregnant asap, I sort of don’t really want a March baby because there’s already 2 nieces birthdays in March so it’s already a little crowded for parties etc.
Can’t wait to read your replies!!
Good luck TTC Bees xx
Post # 2
All of those are great positives! I am only in my first month of TTC, but I really like this idea because my hopes are really high and I know chances are relatively low.
- House projects as well. All we really NEED done before a baby arrives is our kitchen to be done, which we are buying cabinets this weekend!!
- More sleep!!! Oh, how I love sleep!
- More money.
- More excitement
- More time to think about how we will tell people
Post # 3
I keep reminding myself of these positives each month!
– The longer it takes, the more of my studies will be outta the way before a baby (due to finish studies Aug 2018)
– We’ll be well above our savings goals
– I’ll be on even less of my medication as the months go by (I WAS on 120mg, down to 7mg!)
– longer to prep my body for pregnancy and birth
– More time to spend with DH just the 2 of us!!
Post # 4
afenimore11 : PorcelainBelle : These are wonderful positives! I have found it really helpful to try to focus on more negatives than positives 🙂 I truly believe that it will happen how and when the time is right. It’s just a little bit hard to wait because I’m quite an impatient person. I’m only on my 2nd cycle so I may have quite a bit more waiting to go, but I’m so glad there are Bees here to help support us through our TTC journey!
Post # 5
I actually just miscarried yesterday so I’m having a much more difficult time than I have in the past BUT the timing wouldn’t have been perfect. I’d prefer a fall, winter, or May baby just bc of the timing & how it’d work with my job as a school counselor. – the end of the school year is a hard time to miss. That’s as much positive as I can do right now.
Post # 6
nightowl : lol I’m very impatient too! This will be our 4th cycle TTC. I try to stay realistic given our circumstances – I have one fallopian tube, so it could take a while! It took me a couple months to accept the fact… And i did have feelings of “I’m a woman with a defect now ” at the start when I lost my tube. I’m at peace now and know it will happen eventually! When the time is right! 🙂
Post # 7
I just had a chemical after our first cycle trying, and my current positive is that I can eat the cookie dough that my husband is currently making! I also have a school year schedule and am changing grade levels, so a February baby wouldn’t really have been IDEAL…hoping for perhaps an April or May baby now instead!
Post # 8
I think I needed this thread today. I don’t post on the TTC boards often, but I still feel supported when I read I’m not alone. We lost our baby last year at 6 weeks (ruptured ectopic) and haven’t had any luck getting pregnant since. Took 2 years to conceive our lost little one and I’ve been having a hard time maintaining hope.
We have more freedom to up and leave on our spontaneous weekend trips.
We continue to save more than expected each month.
I also appreciate the time to work on my projects around the house. Painted 2 bedrooms over the last 2 weeks. 🙂
I can still have a drink if the mood strikes.
More time to make memories as just the 2 of us.
Thank you for directing my thoughts toward the positives.
Post # 9
mandakay0021 : I’m so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I hope you and your partner find strength in each other to help get through this together, and continue with your TTC journey when you’re ready.
PorcelainBelle : That’s so great you’re now at peace with your loss of one fallopian tube. Sounds like you have a great attitude! FX for your TTC journey!
AORiver15 : Those are great positives. I also think a positive for you is that you now know conception for you is a possiblity. I’m terrified I won’t be able to conceive anything at all.
KittyCatToe : So sorry to hear about your ruptured ectopic last year 🙁 I’m so glad to hear this thread is what you needed today, and that some of your thoughts are being directed to positives. The positives you’ve listed are great. And amazing work painting two bedrooms in two weeks!
Post # 10
Ahh I love this thread – great idea!
My positives in the event of a negative:
- I have a lot of work travel coming up and won’t have to awkwardly not-drink (we do a lot of dinner/ drinks as a group)
- Like other ladies have said – another month to be healthy and exercising pre-baby!
- More time to work with my young horse I’m training… long summer days are the best for this!
Post # 11
– July is a heavy month for birthdays in my immediate family so funds are low and my stress is high, a BFP might be a bit more than I can emotionally handle this month. As well as both of my grandparent’s bday’s are in March.
– I’d REALLY prefer a late fall/early winter baby. My SO’s job has him laid off during that season and it’d be great to not have to worry about daycare for the first 4-5 months.
– We’ve had some new expenses this year that have hit our budget, so it’d be nice to pay those down and be in a better situation financially
– Summer is just starting which means barbecues, boating, and floating, aka social drinking.
Post # 13
To all the ladies who have suffered a loss, sending BIG HUGS!!!
afenimore11 : PREACH about that sleep! Sleep is my life. Lord help SO and I….
AORiver15 : Hell yes to the cookie dough!!! My best friend and I used to make it growing up without the raw egg, so we were able to eat it no worries! We had no intention of baking, so it didn’t matter. I think you can substitute vegetable oil if you need it to help smooth the texture.
QueenieB : OOhh! I love horses! I had them growing up but unfortunately haven’t ridden since I was about 14, and now my horse has been sent to a foundation that offers rehab for people with disabilities. (Perfect place for her, she is soo gentile!) Would love to see pictures of the little babe if you’re willing to share.
Post # 14
MargaritaVille : Here’s my kid 😉 he’s standing so funny in this pic lol. Sounds like you had an amazing mare!! It takes a special horse to do that job!
Post # 15
QueenieB : OMG! He’s BEAUTIFUL! My grandmother has the most amazing Palomino growing up and I practically lived on him. A fellow horse friend’s son and I used to sit on his back and play cards when we were little. He was the best horse ever.