(Closed) Post Wedding Reception & Wedding Announcements HELP!

posted 10 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
754 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

Mailing announcements is very acceptable.  According to one of my etiquette books, wedding announcements often are a modified version of your invitations, except it says you were married on a date, not that you are going to be married on a date.

Post # 4
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I am doing the same thing as I am from the Chicago area and my fiance is from southern California.  We’re having a big wedding here and then a smaller reception out in California just for those who can’t travel out.  I am finding it so hard to find advice and wording for this because most 2-reception couples have tiny private ceremony or destination weddings and then invite family and friends to the "real party" when we’re having the big reception after the wedding, and just a small dinner party in california.

We have an even stickier situation, because there are about 50 people we are sending both the Chicago wedding/reception invitation and the Southern California reception invitation.  In this case, we are inserting an envelope into the Chicago wedding invitations with an invitationto the SoCal reception WITHOUT the announcement (no need for an announcement inside a wedding invitation) .  The announcement will go to the other 50 people who were not invited to the wedding.

Also, my parents are hosting my wedding, and his parents are hosting the reception…so I don’t think we’ll be putting our names first in either the announcement or the orginal invitation…but here are some ideas we’re looking at for wording:

Mr and Mrs. Grooms’ Parents are happy to announce the marriage of their sonGroom’s NametoBride’s namedaughter of Bride’s Parentson June X, 2009Please join with us in celebrating their marriage at a dinner party to be held in XX, CA on July X, 2009.

OR
Bride’s name
and
groom’s nameare pleased to announce they will be marriedon Saturday, june X
with family and friends during ceremonyin Chicago
Please join us for acelebration dinner partyin California
Friday, July Xat 8:00 p.m

OR

The pleasure of your companyis requested at the wedding reception of
Bride
&
Groom
who were married on June X in Chicago
Friday, the XX of July at three o’clockLocation

OR

We are delighted to announce our marriage. Groom and bride exchanged vows on July 22, 2008 in a ceremony in ChicagoWe wish to share our joy with you. Please join us at XXX for a celebration Saturday, September 13 Starting at 2pm.

OR for a more caual feel:

Bride and Groom were/will be wed on june X in Chicago.Please join with them and their families at a reception to celebrate.

Date: April 1, 2005 Time: 7:00 pm for dinner and drinks.Where:The Grooms’ houseContact: [email protected]

RSVP by March 20. We’d love to see you there.

Some links or resources:

http://www.topweddingquestions.com/forum/Wedding_Invitations_C23/Wedding_Announcement_Etiquette_F47/

http://www.lcipaper.com/wording/weddingreception.shtml

I hope this helps!!

The topic ‘Post Wedding Reception & Wedding Announcements HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors