(Closed) Post your CH515 Monique Luo pics!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
494 posts
Helper bee

Do a google search for CH515 under images. There are a bunch of actual pictures of girls in the dress.

Post # 4
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

This is my dress = )

Post # 5
2246 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

The dress you chose is beautiful

Post # 6
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I have this dress cant wait to wear it may 28th but it is damn heavy for sure and im in a 14 but im size 10 in street clothes so that was disheartening when i bought it lol

Post # 7
572 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

this is my gown, I just got it today after I had buyers remorse with my first. Such a shame you cant return wedding gowns huh!?

Anyway, here I am in the most amazing gown i have EVER put on. She is why i went into Davids and I walked out with a brand new one that had just come into the store!  The online pictures DO NOT do the gown justice!

(sorry for the blur, hard to take self pics n hold the gown..its not yet been taken in)

Post # 8
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@TeamMcGowan: Love it on you!!  I too had buyers remorse after choosing other dresses.  This week has been the week from hell – my Grandfather passed away, and I’m trying to finish summer college classes up… uggh!!  I decided I needed some girl time when I had to make my payment on the other dress…  needless to say – I paid one dress off, with the intention of purchasing and putting another on layaway at DB. I went wanting to just try the other on for a friend, and then this one… just for shits and giggles… well it got real serious real quick.. I LOVE this dress on me and everyone it’s on!!!  Any idea of veils??

I’m getting married in March, and in southern Indiana thats a very cold time.  I think I’ll be nice and comfortable in this one..  I also had a concern about my tattoos showing – I have one small one on my right shoulder blade, a large one on my left arm, and see that you have the same – it looks amazing!!! Thank you for posting!

This is my first post w/ pics of this dress – so hear goes (P.S.  yes I know the back is atrocious with the clip thingies but I HAD to get this gown on somehow!! Tongue out)

Post # 9
572 posts
Busy bee

@MrsGibby2Bee: I have to agree that this is one smokin’ ass dress! Nice choice πŸ™‚ and Thanks, I feel amazingly beautiful when I put this dress on and can NOT wait til our big day! I knew when I saw this gown (in photos) that I HAD to go to Davids just to put it on (just like you) and got lucky enuff that they had a brand new one in stock that had just come in the store and had never even been tried on yet. At that point I was already in love and had to buy her, even tho I already had my wedding gown. Said wedding gown is now on eBay, weddingbee, craigslist and a host of other sites for sale lol

We have just under 3 months left, and average Golden Colorado weather in October is a perfect 65-70 degrees. Not too hot, not too cold. And since we are going to be up in the mountains, its a good change of flurries. (not too likely tho, as i have checked the long range forecast and its showing 71 that day woot! )

As for my tattoos.. I LOVE my koi on my left shoulder, and that is why I will not be wearing a necklace, just because i dont want to have my neckline appear too “busy” I also have a nice size tat on my right shoulder blade that will be showing in all its glory and one on the inside of my right wrist. As for a veil, I am doing a loose curl up do, with some rhinestone hair pins thru out and a small single layer veil tucked in, real low, at the under side of my do. Ya know, like right above my neck at my hairline. Im too old (41) for all that big virginal looking veil crap up and over my head.  If I may ask, what veil options have u considered? whats ur age and have u been married before? (all options to consider)

I have to ask btw, how tall are you? I am 5 ft 2, and in my pic, I am standing on a pedestal and the dress STILL folds over on the bottom where it hits the floor. Lots of pick ups need to be added to get her to the right length for sure! I wish I had someone who could have gone with me so I could have smoothed out my train and got a better picture, but oh well right?  My first fitting is Tuesday, and I very excited. This stage of the planning brings it all so front and center for me, and its overwhelming! Where are you in the planning stages for your wedding?

I am so very sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I hope that the upcoming week is a better one for you. Thanks for reaching out!

Post # 10
342 posts
Helper bee

@TeamMcGowan: LOL @ all of the sites – I know what you mean.  Thankfully I was doing the layaway thing with Davids Bridal, and could exchange once I paid it off.  I think deep down I knew that the other dresses werent the one, but had to get my foot in the door some how- I was chomping at the bit to finalize something in the wedding planning.  πŸ™‚ 

Ive been to Colorado in mid winter before – BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! It was so cold!!!  I bet that time of year would be wonderful for an outside wedding!! 

The koi tatt – is it representing something special to you?  I have a mother holding a baby and my sons name on my left arm  πŸ™‚  I eventually want to make it a half sleeve and bring it up and around my shoulder.. .not sure that it’ll get done before the wedding though. 

Awesome idea about the necklace.  I believe I’m going to wear a very simple necklace, and nice size earrings.  I too, want to have loose curls.  I haven’t really decided exactly the style but I’m looking at these:

As far as veils go – I was looking at birdcage veils and single layer light veils.  I am 32, never been married, we each have a son, and we live together.  This is not the “virginal” wedding set going on!  I have been wanting flowers/feathers in my hair since the day I started planning my wedding.  I LOVE the feather/flower facinators. 

I am 5’2″ tall, and 180 lbs.  The dress I tried on was a 14 at the store.  Im attempting to purchase that dress and to be able to wear it on the day, however, if I go in to actually order it and I cant fit into it – corset back and women’s sizes are options.  Are you having pickups added or just having it taken in at the waist?  That’s what I assumed they would do.  I had to walk around with it dragging to get an idea in other mirrors and to try on shoes with her on.  (Yes I referred to the dress as a her πŸ˜‰ ..) 

You did a great job at taking the pics – and since you’re going back Tuesday for the fitting – can you take someone with you to take pics with the dress on? It would be perfect timing and if nothing else – have one of the girls there fluff ‘er out and help take a pic. 

Wedding planning stage – we’re in the middle.  We’ve secured a venue for wedding/reception at the same place.  We have dj’s, a caterer, and everything from toasting flutes to aisle runner and centerpieces are taken care of by the venue.  Catering and DJ were no brainers for us – venue only uses their own catering, and the Fiance is a part of a group of DJ’s and they insist we use them so we’re good there.  My Maid/Matron of Honor and Bridesmaid or Best Man (Only having two) already bought their dresses (only to find out that the Bridesmaid or Best Man is pregnant and due 26 days after my wedding, but could be further along than even that.. :: sigh ::).  I have alternate Bridesmaid or Best Man lined up, so I’m okay.  We just received the Save the Dates (I cant bring myself to call them STD’s) magnets, and I’ll be working on sending them out soon.  I have all but about 10 addresses together.  I still need to decide on photographer, photo booth, candy buffet and make final decisions on what to do for centerpieces.  I want conch shells for the tables as I’m doing a sunset beach wedding theme, but not too sure if the venue will work with me on this one.. .guess we’ll see! πŸ™‚  I am also doing my own flowers, and assisting my very good friend in making our cake..  wondering if I should have made that decision though… guess we’ll find out!! 

Everything I’d been thinking of before has changed with the decision for the dress..  I’m like you – the dress brings everything full circle.  Do you have a theme or colors picked out? 

Thank you for your kind words!  I hope it’s a better week too – I can barely focus, and finals are looming around and I’ll be glad to get these over with! 

Post # 11
572 posts
Busy bee

@MrsGibby2Bee:  Lucky you to be able to switch after layaway. I had picked up my previous purchase from another bridal salon 3 whole days before I got my beloved swan gown. I was hating being a bride that would have to unload a previous purchase, but I just HAD to have this gown. She was the one that made my heart skip a beat!  I actually think it was meant to be..because my first purchase came in 6 weeks before it was even suposed to. Which gave me time to stare at it and realize how much it was not the one for me. (which, trust me, I had already been doing while I was waiting for it to come in. Seeing all these gorgeous gowns on the bee made me admit to myself that I wanted something more princess-y. If it came in when it was supposed to, then maybe I wouldnt have had enuff time to get what I truly wanted, or the one at Davids not even be there or available.) And then to get to Davids Bridal to try my dream gown, and not only was it on sale from 1150 to 850..they actually had one in stock in my size that had JUST gotten to the store! She never graced any one elsed butt BUT mine lol.  See, it was fate! πŸ™‚

Yes Colorado is cold, but its such a BEE-U-TEE-FUL place to live. This last winter was actually very mild and we didnt hardly get any snow at all. The summers are not unbearable by any means. Fiance and I moved here from Baltimore, and trust me, the summers there are HELL. Humidity is not a friend!!!  Octobers here are gorgeous and perfect temp for outside weddings. We are also very well known for having 300+ days of sunshine a year, even more than Florida.

As for my koi.. yep it has some meaning for me. In Japanese legend, a koi fish will swim against the tide to represent any struggle or life issues that its contending with. If the koi is swimming with the tide (which of course is easier) it represents that it has overcome lifes struggles and personal tradgedies, and is living an easy life. In my own life I have overcome very toxic relationships, being physically and mentally abused, Ive had lived with someone who killed them selves, Ive had a rough childhood growing up, and a host of other things Ive gone thru. Hence my koi. My life is soo amazing and so different now, that I am surprised sometimes that I did FINALLY find my dream guy, that I am so lucky to have someone love me the way that he does, and for once in my life, a non toxic very healthy and happy relationship.

Girlfriend, ALL those hairstyles are sexy yet romantic and will look super amazing on your big day! I dont much care for the birdcage veils, and I actually started with a feather/flower fascinator. But I changed my mind on the flower and got the hair pins instead. Did you get yours already? Im actually selling mine, its on the bee here somewhere, but Ill show u a pic of how bad ass it is!

As for my alterations, I am definately having it taken in at the waist. I have large boobs, and a small waist, so I had to get a size 10 to cover the girls, but everywhere else I would otherwise wear a size 6 gown. The pickups is what they do to hem it. You cant cut the bottom off, because of the material it is. So they pull it up to the length u need and stitch it. Does that make sense?

We arent really doing a theme, other than rustic and romantic. Our colors are hunter green, white and black. Our venue is a rustic little woodsy cabin looking place with beam ceilings, log timber walls and wood floors, so thats about all that makes it rustic. We scored a great deal with finding this venue, as not only do they include the venue space, but also the catering, the dj, all the linens, dishes, flatware, centerpieces, garden gazebo for the ceremony, all tables and chairs..even the bartender and wait staff. And we get the joint for 9 hours!  The only thing not included was the cake, the flowers, the preacher and the photographer. And of course those four things are already booked and done. The venue will even put up any of the decorations we want, at no charge, if we bring them when we do the rehearsal. I will have them decorate the gazebo with some garland and organza bows, and put bows on the aisle chairs. (The florist will put petals in the aisle for me)  As for the inside, I have some favors and some table “bling” to scatter around their centerpieces (which really are pretty nice for being included) and some various sizes of lighted paper lanterns to hang from the ceiling. I am bringing some other stuff like our own framed photos from home to go on our guest table, and I have some bronze B & T initials to go on our head table with our flutes and such. Ive made my own cardbox, made all the invitations (that are ready to go and will get mailed this week) and made all the lables and bows to go on our bubble bottles. I didnt do save the dates, and nope i will never get the whole STD thing! That just sounds funky ass weird to me! Ahahahahaah!

If my wedding shoes arent here tomorrow (UPS) then I will have to reschedule my fitting appointment Tuesday. I absolutely have to have the shoes I am wearing, so in worse case, Ill reschedule for next available. I have to ask, what are ya wearingunder your swan dress? Im not wearing anything but panties. No bra is needed for sure, and I dont want any more pouf to the bottom, so I dont need a slip. I also friggen HATE hose of any kind..so I wont be wearing that nastiness either. Ive decided to start tanning august 1st for just one month, so once I stop sept 1st, whatever tan I have will start to mellow down on its own and be perfect by the time the wedding gets here. Im not going for some deep dark carribean tan mon, just a little bit of sun-kiss-ed-ness lol

I just realized I sat here and typed out a book, so I will stop! Hope you are having a great sunday, catch ya again soon!

Post # 12
342 posts
Helper bee

@TeamMcGowan: You are funny!!  I write long posts too – I noticed earlier that mine was really long.. Now that you say it – maybe I dont necessarily have buyers remorse, but the time hadn’t come yet for me to meet Ms. Swan (I think we just renamed our gown! haha).  I’ve tried on and changed my idea of gowns so much that when I told my sister today – she shook her head and said “Stop trying on dresses!!!” ….  LMAO!!  I bet you will be beautiful with your sun-kissed-ness!  I’ll be tanning from January on – at least.  I mean – I dont want to be sunburning on our honeymoon!! haha

My friends said the same about Colorado’s weather  – I went the week after Thanksgiving for a week and half 2 years ago.  I got to enjoy the snow covered roads and alcohol chilled outside in 15 minutes LOL  Colorado Springs has an amazing skyline of the mountain.  I even got to enjoy REAL mexican tacos and authentic mexican supermarket..  I think I about fell out when they showed me a real boar’s head and told me what charizo is really made of… Yell 

I’ve heard the story of a koi before, but couldnt remember the whole thing.  You sound like you have came through adversity.. Congratulations sister – you’re on the other side now!! =)  I’m so happy for you! Sounds like Mr. TeamM got himself a catch! 

I’m not sure about which hair and if I’ll do a birdcage or not.  I’ve tried a few on and after about 2 minutes I’m picking at it and fighting it off… I had been trying on longer veils like you said in the back up under the hair .. I’d love to see how you end up putting it together! It sounds beautiful. 

Umm the pick ups – I guess I need to ask them what they do … it’s probably called pickups here too but I just dont know it LOL  she said they’d have to literally take it apart at the waist and hem it there rather than at the bottom.  I’m about a 14 waist and 20 top.  I feel your pain!  I may even have to go bigger for the top but trying not to.  I think the idea of a corset may be my best bet, but I am going to have to wait and see.  I’ve also found some boleros and shawls in faux fur since it’s March 3rd… I’m trying to be realistic in the fact that this isnt going to be 80 degrees here FrownWhat do you think about this one:

Oh and undergarments – I picked out a bra while I was there, and just a regular slip.  I was afraid not to get them now and have to deal with it later… All’s left if I choose to go with them is panties.  I highly doubt I’ll be wearing any hose – if I do, they’ll be thigh highs.  There’s already enough business goin on from the waist down!!

@lkr736:Sorry for hijacking your thread!! LOL

Post # 13
572 posts
Busy bee

@MrsGibby2Bee: I so love love LOVE Ms Swan and I am done trying on gowns!! I hope my shoes get here today cuz dammit I want to start the alts!  I would highly suggest that you ask your seamstress BEFORE she touches your ms swan about the hem. I would be very hesistant to let someone take apart the entire waistline to hem. In fact, Im sure its just an inside way to get you to pay more because they had to “do more”. Im going to attach a picture of what “pick-ups” look like so you can see what I mean, you sound unsure. With all the flowy organza and tulle on our swans, they will never even be seen. Theres no way I would let anyone take out my swans entire waist.. id go somewhere else first momma!  (two pics..one on an organza, the other on taffeta..see how they simply “pick up” and pin/stitch?)

Our Colorado skyline is why Fiance and I decided to stay here for the wedding instead of flying home to MD and do it there. We have a view of mountains as far as the eye can see from no matter where we are. In fact, our house has such an amazing skyline view, we sit on our roof for 4th of july fireworks and get to see about 10 different shows stretching from Westminster, to Boulder, all the way north to Greeley. We live in the middle of cornfields and farms and can see the entire Boulder skyline from our driveway. The venue is in the mountains, so we will have some great shots of the continental divide for our wedding photos and we also overlook the Denver skyline, which will make for some great views if we are still there once dusk settles in.

Girlfriend that bolero is GORGEOUS and will compliment ms swan soo well! I think you should get it! I would get something similiar if I woulda needed it, but yay for 70 degrees in October.  As for bra and slip, do you really think you will need them? I had a breast lift 2 yrs ago, and although my girls are natural and large (36D) my nipples actually face out instead of down LOL and they look fuggin’ amazing in the gown with nothing. And shit, I hate bras too, so it worked out. Your slip, is that just for fullness or what? Anymore fullness and Im scared Ill look like a southern belle.

I am actually at work, so I should go find something to do..or at least pretend ahahaha~ I am a commercial property manager..of a mall that was converted into a tech center, so its quiet during the day. We have a few colleges here and a tmobile call center and a few other pain in the ass tenants but most dont bother me during the day..hence my being here on the bee!!

buzz buzz…

oh, and @lkr736:Sorry for hijacking your thread!!   DITTO!!!

Post # 14
342 posts
Helper bee

@TeamMcGowan: Did your shoes come in yesterday?? I hope you get to do ur first fitting today!!  Okay – about pickups – I’ve seen them on taffeta gowns and whatnot – but wasnt sure how they’d be with this gown?  I’m going to have to talk to someone and figure out what needs to be done.  I’ve seen some dresses taken apart at the waist and within an hour of wearing it be pulled apart … not something I want to deal with myself!! Times like this – I miss my Grandma – she was the sewing one in our family πŸ™ 

I can not wait to see your pics when ya get married – I bet it’s going to be absolutely beautiful with that skyline!!!  Bras and slips ..  I have lost a little over 50 lbs in the last year and a half, and needless to say, the girls arent perfect these days.. not to mention the years of wear and tear that yo-yo dieting and weight gain has done to em – I’ve been resolved to the fact that I need some sucking in and lifting haha!  I got the full slip because I’ve tried on a few others w/o it and I didnt like how they laid flat.. I’ll try it w/ and w/o when I actually go for sizing.  I like the idea of a fuller hip and skirt just because I’m so narrow at the hips.   I’m built literally like an upside down triangle! 

Okay so I’m not so freaking out about the bolero now!! I came across some pics where the lady had on one and I loved it on her – I was just hoping it wasnt too much with the swan …the ribbon one is my favorite but I like the pear shaped one for it’s simplicity. 

LOL @ you being at work and on the bee – I wont tell if you dont! I’m a full time student for the moment (Thus the crappy March 3rd wedding date!!  I wanted a spring wedding but we had to do it during spring break), and the Fiance just got laid off and is a full time student as well – so we are home a lot, and at school when we arent.  I get on the Bee and get stuck and it consumes me … I guess planning a wedding in general does that =) 

Post # 15
572 posts
Busy bee

@MrsGibby2Bee:  no shoes on Monday (pout)  But I contacted the store and I was told they shipped UPS and will be here this week. Soo..I moved my alts appt til Monday. I have this consultation at this place Monday to decide if I want to use them. If they can beat Davids Bridal prices AND do the pickups for the hem instead of disassembling my waist, then I will definately use them. If not, Ill stick with my Aug 22 appointment I already have at Davids. I do like that Davids starts 8 weeks out and you have it back two weeks before the wedding completely steamed. This other place starts 3 months out and you have it back a month to 6 weeks before the wedding. I would have to take it back the week of the wedding for steaming, and they charge extra for that (wtf)  I also dont like that in the 6 weeks before the wedding, my size could change. (although I highly doubt it as I have been the same size for the last 7 years, but ya never know right)

KUDOS to you on the weight loss. Thats quite an accomplishment! Did you find you needed an entire new wardrobe?  I have never had any weight issues, althought I am italian and LOVE food. Especially junk! All the women in my family are short, fat and loud. I dont know how I escaped the fat gene, but I do have the loud thing for sure. I feel like I am yelling when I talk, oh and I do talk fast. Im a little hyper too. After 3 kids and retarded large saggy boobs I went and had them lifted 2 years ago this past february. I have to admit they do look very lovely without a bra. Like I said before, the nips are out and not down lol. Not an easy feat for a 41 yr old. It was a very easy recovery, and cost about 4500 bucks. Worth every penny too! On the wkends I like to wear tanks and stuff w/o a bra and sometimes we go out and I dont put a bra on. I always ask Fiance if he minds and he is like hell NO.

I might try a slip on to see how it looks, but I highly doubt Ill wear one. I like the fullness just as it is. Flowy and poufy enough, and I am trying to stay away from the full fledge ball gown big as Texas look. Not that they arent gorgeous gowns, but thats not the type of wedding we are having.  Are you going to keep your dress afterwards or sell? I think I will sell mine. It would be different if she did something else besides hang in the closet and rot. Im sentimental about silly things like saving every ticket stub to every movie we have ever gone to see, birthday cards, love notes, etc, but not my gown. She cost too much to let her go to waste.

I am at work 90% of the time by myself, so I get alot of free time to be online. Even on the days that my ONE co-worker comes in, I still play online (just like today!) Alot of days I get to work from home too. In fact, I worked from home yesterday, and went and did some shopping to make the decorations for our gazebo πŸ™‚

enjoy your day, say hey when u can!

Post # 16
342 posts
Helper bee

@TeamMcGowan: Sorry it took me so long to reply!! Did your shoes come in??

On the wardrobe – yes girl!!  But I’m doing it piece by piece.  I’ve also let my hair grow out.  Big changes in the last few years.  I’m soooo jelly about you not having to wear a bra! LOL  My oldest sister (stepsister) doesnt have to wear a bra due to her enhancements, she does wear “dimmers” at times though.  I’m hoping to have that luxury one day once I get all of my weight down. 

I plan on selling my dress.  I don’t have any daughters, and I only have one niece, and I highly doubt she’d want to wear that dress.  I agree with having her in the closet and not get any use out of her. 

What colors are you doing for your wedding? 

Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!  It’s hot as hell here in the Ohio Valley – feels like a hot, nasty wet wooly blanket on your face when ya walk outside πŸ™  Yuck!! 

The topic ‘Post your CH515 Monique Luo pics!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors