(Closed) Postage on A7 & A1 envelopes

posted 8 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
299 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Both those sizes should ship for normal stamp prices.  I have shipped A7 bridal shower invitations for $.44 or whatever postage is now.  It just depends on if they weigh more than an ounce? (I think it’s an ounce) Also I have never shipped a square envelope but I have heard they are more.

Post # 4
1014 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Square envelopes are always more postage, because they don’t get sorted the normal way.  Rectagular envelopes over 3.5×5 will be .44 and up depending on the weight.  If it’s just a card in an envelope, or just a card with a backing, .44 will probably be what you’ll pay.  However, if you’re sending a pocketfold/envelopment, or have an additional card like a reply and envelope, the cost will increase.  There’s now a bulk charge for envelopes that protrude or puff out more than a certain amount.  This may affect you if you have ribbon, or bulky seals inside.  I always go to the post office twice, once with my mock up, and again before I plan to buy my stamps, and I ask exactly how much the item weighs.  Then I order my stamps from the post office online, since my post office never has any decent looking stamps!

Post # 5
1872 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

SimplifiedBride is right–do not buy stamps until you have a completed invitation exactly as you would have it mailed and you have weighed it at the post office because one component is size; the other is weight. So even if you have a standard size envelope (which A7 is) if it weighs more than a certain amount, it’ll be extra postage. If it’s anywhere near borderline, spring for the extra .02 to make sure it goes through.

Post # 6
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

A7 takes regular postage but the weight matters. Our A7 invitations cost 0.61 to mail because they were 2oz.

The topic ‘Postage on A7 & A1 envelopes’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors