- 7 years ago
- Wedding: July 2012
My Fiance and I have decided after much debate to postpone our honeymoon. We had our honeymoon booked for 2 days after our wedding at a resort in Kauai Hawaii. His grandmother gave us her timeshare week saved up so it is only $300 for SEVEN nights. $300 for the whole week, NOT for a night. Airline tickets, unfortunately are over $1,000 each round trip. We stretched our budget and went over our budget for our wedding, so unfortunately even if we could afford the plane tickets…we would have no food, transportation, or “fun” money. Only he is working and we have lots of bills. I’m still in college. So we are only on one income for a $25,000 wedding. We were initially going to push back our honeymoon until December, Jaunary, or February, but after doing research I realized that much of those months are considered high season, which makes complete sense. We decided to postpone our honeymoon until March 2013 (7 months AFTER our wedding). This will, in a sense be our winter get away (since I get bad seasonal depression), honeymoon, valentines day, his birthday (Born in February) and my birthday (born in March) celebration. This will give us 7 months to settle our finances (at least better than 2 days after the wedding), save some money, and be able to actually enjoy our honeymoon with many options of doing fun stuff. It’s sad…and it sucks, but I think it is our best option. We will only get back half of the $300 and when we book it again for March (if a timeshare opens up for March) we will have to pay them $300 again, but the timeshare exchange and the “free” week will still be available for us.