- Pink Asawa
- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
me and Fiance are still trying to figure out our honeymoon plans…which depends a lot of travelling family for our wedding. We will either go in April or May (for 3 weeks), but cannot know for sure until our families have finalized their travel plans (we want to be here with them while they are visiting and they will be here about a month).
My best friend asked me to be a Godmother to her child (born last summer) and was thinking of having the baptism ‘sometime in the spring’. Is it inappropriate of me to talk with her about my honeymoon dilemma or to somehow ask her to hold of on scheduling the baptism until we can confirm when we are going? How could I even word that??
A little more background: she is not religious at all, but was baptised and would like at least that for her child. She still hasn’t decided what church (christian denomination and location as she currently does not attend)
I don’t want to put myself before her child, but in this case I feel like she has no sense of urgency with planning the baptism, she just knows she wants to do it when it is nice weather for celebrating. It is important for me to be part of it, and I am honoured to be Godmother, but I am also restricted to which days I can schedule off work during April and May and if we don’t take this trip now, we likely won’t be able to for a long time (hard to take 3 weeks off work without the ‘honeymoon’ excuse).
What are your thoughts?