I am getting married next June. I have been in the planning process for about six months and cannot see myself stopping after the wedding. I love everything about it. I have been offered a couple of jobs by some of my vendors because they loved my ideas. I am now thinking about becoming a wedding coordinator. I have been talking to a few of the wedding planners around my area to get their prospective and advice as a wedding planner. Now I would like to get feedback from the people who are getting married or who are already married. If you could respond to the answers I posted I would greatly appreciate it. This questionnaire will definitely be helpful when I begin to market my business and services.
1. Do you/did you have a wedding coordinator?
2. If you didn’t/don’t have a wedding coordinator, what was your reason for not hiring one?
3. What kind of package did you choose?
a. The all inclusive package, they were there every step of the way
b. The advice package, they were there to help guide you through but you did most of the planning
c. The day of coordination package
d. other, you made your own package
4. If you interviewed more than one wedding coordinator what made you choose the one you hired?
5. What was the thing you liked most about your wedding coordinator?
6. What was the thing you liked least about your wedding coordinator?
7. If you have/had a coordinator, what is something you wish would have been included in your package? (an extra service, more meetings, etc.)
When I start my company I am planning on offering 5 wedding planning services at a discounted rate or for free. This way I can build my portfolio.
8. Would you hire a wedding planner who has little or no experience in the industry?
9. Would you hire a wedding planner who has little or no experience if their services were offered at a discounted rate?
I am thinking about not just doing weddings, but becoming an event coordinator.
10. Would you hire a coordinator for your wedding who doesn’t just specialize in weddings?
11. Would you hire an event coordinator, and what type of event would you hire them for? (birthday party, anniversary, baby shower, corporate event, etc.)
If you respond to this post, thank you sooo much for taking the time and being so helpful. I am sorry this was so long. I really appreciate it!!!