(Closed) Pray for me… it's going to be 40 C/104F today and I HATE heat :(

posted 4 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
8044 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

Lol it’s going to be -30C here tonight… it’s -18C and plummeting now.

I’d kill to be in +40. I love that kind of weather, yet am stuck in Canada. Life is cruel.

Post # 5
8989 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I was born and raised in the desert… heat is no big deal. At least to me. Stay out of direct sunlight for too long and drink lots of water.

ETA: Running cold water over your wrists is a common way I was taught to cool down. Cold rags around your neck/wrist and backs of your legs will help. It cools the blood as the veins are closer to the surface of the skin there.

Post # 7
2494 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

@canarydiamond:  +1 to all of that!

Vegas in the middle of the summer is my version of pure heaven!

Post # 8
295 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

If you think humidity in Melbourne is bad, don’t ever come up north in summer! I lived in Melbourne for a few years and loved the dry heat in comparison to the humidity in Brisbane.

Post # 9
10456 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Yuck! I hate heat as well. Anything 25+ is really just too hot for me, unless I’m on a beach near the water. 

Post # 10
2153 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@goingtotherooftopoflove:  I’m trying to feel bad for you, but with the cold over here your weather sounds heavenly.  I understand that it will probably be very hot though.  Bring lots of water!!!

Post # 12
10456 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

@goingtotherooftopoflove:  Hahaha me too. I figure I’m like an amphibian in that way… the comfort range is about 17-23 for me, and otherwise I’m freezing or overheating. Can’t regulate my body temperature!

Post # 13
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

-9 degrees F here. #firstworldproblems

Post # 14
Hostess
326 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@goingtotherooftopoflove:  Fellow Melbourne bee here 😉 So I AM feeling the heat. To make matters worse at our work today the air conditioning decided to stop working. I have kept myself cool only by pouring cold water down my back from my drink bottle lol! Not pleasent! Hope you are coping!

Post # 15
2082 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

it was -38 Celcius here last week…. while I don’t relish the idea of 40 degree heat, I’d prefer +40 to -40 anyday… But if you have to be outside working in it, i feel for you.  It gets that hot here in the summers too, and it can be brutal if you dont have access to air conditioning

The topic ‘Pray for me… it's going to be 40 C/104F today and I HATE heat :(’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors