Post # 1
Darling Husband and I are TTC right now. I don’t want to get too focused on having a baby and not live in the moment either. I figured I’d come up with a list of all the things I’d like to do pre-baby that I can focus on while we’re TTCing to help me stay positive/relaxed throughout.
Here’s what’s on my listing:
– Run another half marathon (signed up for one in March)
– Sign up for a cooking class
– Go on a camping trip
– Research about gardening and start one in our backyard where I can grow some veggies/spices and cook with them. This is something I’ve always dreamed of doing and am so excited to learn this year
– Buy a BBQ and have our friends over for an outdoor party
I would love to add some other things to my listing and would love to learn from other people’s ideas if you’re comfortable sharing!
Post # 3
-buy a house.
… but that one won’t happen anytime soon, so it’s more of a dream. we’ll be in an apartment for at least two more years.
Post # 4
I love this! I have a small list of things I’d like to do before we have #2. We are actively ttc, so I would love to get PG any time, but like you, I like to have other things to plan and focus on besides ttc. Here’s my list:
– Lose 20 lbs (lost 4 so far!)
– Apply/get accepted to a two year radiology program
– Take DS to Disney World
– Go back to Mexico with Darling Husband where we honeymooned
I am currently working on the first two, and would love to do number 3 this fall. Number 4 probably won’t happen but a girl can dream. 🙂
Post # 5
Disney World trip
3 month road trip across USA
The rest of our bucket list we’ll be able to do when we have kiddos 🙂
Post # 6
We will be TTC in a couple months! We bought our house last year and that was a huge one to cross off. We are still working on:
-returning to Maui where we honeymooned (hopefully it will be a babymoon in the fall)
-saving money/paying down debt
-a couple more small projects around the house
-have a really fun summer–lots of trips to the beach, BBQing in our new backyard, and generally just enjoying the easy going life we have.
Post # 7
We want to check off these things from our bucket list prior to TTC. So here’s our baby bucket list:
– Visit Atlantis in the Bahamas. So I could conquer those water slides. (Check!)
– Visit Japan (going in a month)
– I want to run a half marathon (signed up for later this year)
– Darling Husband wants to finish his MBA. (it is in progress and this is the biggest reason we are waiting)
– Have x amount saved up.
Post # 8
My Darling Husband and I are starting to TTC this summer. We want to save so more money, and I want to finish my Master’s before I get pregnant.
Post # 9
- Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL
Go to Europe.
Save more money so I can take a longer maternity leave.
Be married for at least a year so we have time for just the two of us.
Post # 10
@yellowshoe: I agree! Fiance and I aren’t even married yet, but we want at least 4 years just the two of us before we TTC. We have too much we want to do! Mainly
Get a great dane
Post # 11
@JackiBean: yup! We want to enjoy being together just the 2 of us. Doing all the things WE want to do. A.K.A be selfish for a while!
Post # 12
I made one of these lists about a year ago before I got pregnant.
Things that I managed to cross off the list:
*Run a half marathon
*Hold the crow pose in yoga for at least 5 seconds
*Get away with the hubby to a place without cell phone service (great vacation in Thailand this December)
*Go skinny dipping (see Thailand vacation above)
Things I did not manage to cross off the list:
*Make French macaroons with proper “feet”
*Hug a panda (a real, live one)
*Learn a proper ballroom dance
*Give up cable (this one may still happen before baby comes)
*Visit at least 1 more continent (we had planned to go to Peru which would’ve been my first trip to South America, but ended up going to Italy and Thailand, great places to visit but I had been to both Europe and Asia before)
Post # 13
– Finish college
– Get established/started in a full time career (I’m currently part time)
-Travel with Darling Husband to each state in the US at least once
-Have a certain amount of money saved specifically for baby
-Lose 30 lbs and keep it off
Post # 14
I don’t have one, since I never want children, but this is the one my mom had before she had me and everything seemed to work out well for me.
-buy a house
-set up a college fund ($5k at the time)
-travel to Japan, Europe and the US (she was in Taiwan at the time)
Post # 15
TTC’ing in May/June:
-Get married (eloping in May/June) & switch to his insurance company
-Save X amount of money since my state only allows 6 weeks of short-term disability and I want 3 months for attachment.
-Move into a rental house (July 2013)
-Have dog attend and complete obedience school
-FH wants to go on a week long motorcycle trip through Canada, this includes buying some new gear
-Visit parents in NYC again (11 hour drive so can happen while preggo)
-Begin IRA fund for both of us
-Pay off all non-student loan related debt totaling around 6k
-Begin IBR for student loans for both us before we get married, so it’s lower payments for a year (Feb for me, March for him)
-Lose about 20lbs and be fit and healthy (hopefull most of this by May/June for wedding)
-Purchase newer, safer, more reliable car, since my current vehicle has 245k on it and is 17 years old…oh and the rear locks don’t work (can do while preggo)
Post # 16
@RunningGal: Great idea! Sometimes it’s hard to avoid getting overwhelmed by TTC thoughts… especially in the TWW.
– Get in better shape: We’re working on this now, Darling Husband and I have been hitting the gym a lot lately
– Take a basic photography course / a class to learn how to use all of the features of my camera
– +1 on the gardening! I recently got a book for how to grow veggies in the backyard in our climate and would LOVE to do this.
– Make a scrapbook of the wedding and catch up on organizing all of our photos
– Travel to Hong Kong / China and hit up the beach in Thailand or Malasia
– Hike the Grand Canyon
It felt pretty good to write all of that down! 🙂 Good luck on your bucket list!