- 7 years ago
- Wedding: December 2010
So I have to say in the end none of this really matters but at the moment with all of the stress it is annoying to say the least. Here are the things that are bothering me:
1. I tried to be very considerate about the budget when it came to bridesmaids and groomsmen. I asked them to be in the wedding only if they could afford it. I asked them to buy a dress and a $30 dollar pair of shoes. I tried to be as considerate as possible when choosing these price wise and taste wise. I left EVERYTHING else from the hotel to getting their hair done to throwing me a bachelorette party open to them to do ONLY if they wanted to. Some things they have chosen to do and some things they havent. I even INSISTED that they not buy me any gifts because being in the wedding was gift enough. They have had a year and a half to plan for this so that is why when my one bridesmaid contacted me recently and said that all of this was just too much and she was stressing about the cost and implied I had asked too much I felt annoyed and hurt rather than sympathetic.
2. When I spent hours hand gluing and creating rsvp’s, stamped the envelopes and hand addressed them you dont need to ask me if I ACTUALLY want you you to send them back. Yes I do. I didnt spend a great deal of time and money on them for them to land in the garbage.
3. Along the line of rsvp’s: No it is not good enough for you to tell me that you “think” so and so will be there. By the time it is all said and done and we have paid for alcohol, appetizers, meal and rentals for you, your place at our wedding will cost well over 100 dollars. I would like a definite answer please as to whether or not you will be there.
4. When we have been planning for a year and a half to all stay in the same hotel like we have done every year for the past 20 or so years and we picked the hotel for convenience for you, negotiated a lower rate and planned and paid for fun activities to occupy your time please do not decide to stay a few miles away in a different hotel because you want a pool.
5. Finally when we spend hours picking out readings for the ceremony and debating over all kinds of relatives that are incredibly special to us and try to pick just one and then come to you and nervously ask you to read said reading at our very special event please do not shoot me down by saying no before the words are even completely out of my mouth. You WILL hurt my feelings.
So I am feeling a little down today. Anyone else get the pre wedding blues? Anyone else just plain need to vent about the things people are doing that are less than considerate? I need some camaraderie! 🙂