(Closed) Pregnancy & chicken pox vaccine

posted 7 years ago in Babies
Post # 5
1892 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’ve NEVER had the chicken pox as well!

However, I am allergic to the varicella vaccine…basically I had the first dose at ~15 and had an allergic reaction which was too risky for me to get the second dose. It’s been so long now that I’d have to get both doses again, but can’t. (It also concerns me because I wonder if our son has a chance of also being allergic to the vaccine and if it’s given with another vaccine how will we know which he is allergic to?) Anyway I’m sorry that’s not the answer you were looking for or much help, but I just wanted to let you know that your not the only one out there who has never had the chicken pox. Hopefully your doctor can be of more help.

Post # 6
46421 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

For people over 13 years of age, the varicella vaccine is given in 2 doses, 4-8 weeks apart.

Women should not get pregnant for 1 month after the second dose.

Post # 8
1944 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

@LoveHappy: Before you even get the vaccine and I am sure your MD will order this, but you need to have a titer drawn (blood work). This will tell you if you even need the vaccine. Many have been exposed or often times had the chicken pox in their younger years and didn’t even know it. This is the case for me so a vaccine for me would be useless.

The topic ‘Pregnancy & chicken pox vaccine’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors