(Closed) Pregnancy, Babies & Jealousy …

posted 6 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
3170 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

All i can say is that no matter what number kid you husband has, he will always be in awe of the new baby. Children don’t get less exciting as they become child #2, #3, #4.

Post # 4
5977 posts
Bee Keeper

@Birdee106:  I agree…just b/c it won’t be your DH’s first, doesn’t mean that there won’t be equal excitement when you have your first with him!

Post # 6
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@shimmerybee:  Ugh I haven’t been through what you are-however I have infertility issues. (But have two girls) And before I got pregnant with my second everyone pregnant made me upset. In your situation I would concentrate on all you are going to get to do in the next five years that you couldn’t if you had a baby. And I agree with the other poster, every baby brings new excitement and joy 🙂

Post # 7
1434 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

Dude….I TOTALLY GET YOU!!!! Even before I wanted kids I’d get slightly jealous of them & I can’t for the life of me explain why.

It only went away when we started planning our children & started “trying”. It was like….”ok, i’m going to have mine and we’ve even picked out names….I’m not too far behind”

That being said: I have always been used to doing everything first in my family & my circle of friends….first to graduate, get married, get a job…blablabla so it was new for me when people in my life we’re “ahead” of me

So sorry you’re feeling this way–I know, it’s weird and confusing

Post # 8
1434 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@shimmerybee:  Oh yeah & regarding kids….I come from a huge family and EVERY child is treated like the 1st ever and EVERY child brings his or her own “aww moments” & new things…trust me..daddy will be as proud as he was with any of the others.

Post # 9
5096 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Totally get it – and I think it’s great that you’re trying to understand it and deal with it. That’s not always easy.

I feel similarly – I would like to TTC now, but it’s not really an option for various reasons. I just try to let myself have those feelings, sit with them, and let them pass, because they’re normal. The important thing is not to let them shape my behavior toward others.

Post # 10
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

A deep part of me really wants to be a mother, but my Fiance and I are no where near ready for that yet. We have a lot of growing up to do before that. I understand how you’re feeling, however, when the time comes and you both have a baby together, he will be just as “AWEED” as he was for the first and second baby. Don’t worry, he’s with you now.

Post # 11
3375 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

ahh! Me too! I feel pretty jealous that I’m working and have accomplished so much and they get to stay at home with a beautiful baby. I feel awful saying that, but it’s true.

The topic ‘Pregnancy, Babies & Jealousy …’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors