Post # 32
Thanks for bringing this back! This weekend I was making peanut butter cookies and was wondering out loud why there was so much less batter than the last time I made it…forgetting that I had a whole bowl of flour sitting right next to me. It took my husband picking up the bowl, waving it in my face, and saying “forgetting something??” to figure out what I missed. Don’t think I’m allowed to cook again anytime soon 🙂
Post # 33
I usually park my car at a park and ride, and take an express bus to and from work. One morning, I was running late and knew I wouldn’t be able to catch the bus, so I drove to work. That afternoon, I took the bus home. I literally walked all over the park and ride looking for my car. I initially thought my car had been stolen until I finally traced my steps that morning and realized my car was still at work. That was a total FML moment. Everyone else thought it was hilarious when I told them.
Post # 34
I’m glad this was ressurected!
@MrsZippyMouse: Oh my God, that made me laugh out loud in my office!
I spent hours on Monday night and last night trying to put together a photo book on Shutterfly for maternity pictures and every time I’d go to order it it would tell me some of the pictures weren’t uploaded so I couldn’t order it. I was on live chat with the customer service dept twice (they ended up crediting my account a free photo book). The deal expired 11/7 so I was in a panic at 11pm that it wasn’t working. I told the customer service rep “Thanks for giving me the free book, but I’m trying to order 3 books for the 70% off deal so it doesn’t really help me.” His reply? “We only have a 30% off deal going on right now.” So I went back to the email my hubby sent me about the deal and realized it was for SNAPFISH. I spent all that time putting together the photo book on the wrong site. So at 11pm I had to restart a photo book on the right website and it worked out well-after midnight!
There have been many others but that’s the most recent.
Post # 35
My period is due Monday, and my husband is making me take a pregnancy test. That was decided this morning when he realized and told me that I have been using conditioner, not lotion, on my body for the last three days without noticing. Either I’m pregnant or dying of some crazy brain tumor lol.
Post # 36
I just visited my friend with her 29 hour old little infant in the hospital…and I left my water bottle there – a nice one, not a disposable! I felt awful, as if she doesn’t have enough to deal with now she’s stuck keeping track of my water bottle. It was totally preggo brain combined with newborn distraction, lol!
Post # 37
@Nickles9911: I lost my water bottle this week, too! I work at a store attached to a mall and I always bring my water with me to work. So I ran into the mall after work the other day, finished my shopping, started walking to my car and realized I didn’t have my water bottle. I go back in the mall to check the store I was just in (fortunately I only went in one store), it’s not on the counter and the staff hasn’t seen it. I go back to work and check my locker and the break area. Nope. Back into the mall again, I walk all around the store one more time, then I go to the mall customer service desk to ask if someone found it. No luck so I sadly give up and go do my grocery shopping. After wandering aimlessly around the grocery store for close to an hour because I don’t have a list and have no clue what I’m supposed to buy (only forgot two things!), I head home. It wasn’t until I was almost home that I realized where I left my water bottle and called work – it was in one of the stalls in my work’s ladies room!
Sorry, that was way long but I got really stressed out about that water bottle!
Post # 38
i put the kettle on to make a cup of tea and once it had boiled made said cup of tea rather than taking it into the other room to drink i put it in the cupboard with the cat food.
i have given the cat rabbit food and the rabbits cat food
numerous stupid things have happened at work- i have now told my boss not to listen to a word i say as its all nonsense.
ETA and i just remembered i ordered take away lsat week and the guy forgot the sprite. i made my fiance chase him down the road to get it only to find i had forgoten to order it. oops
Post # 39
LOL too funny!
1. I parked my car at work where I park it ALL THE TIME….. went out to my car last week and could not for the life of me figure out where my car was… I was hitting the alarm and everything and nothing…. only for it to basically be right in front of my face….
2. Went to go get some water…. got half way and realized I forgot my water bottle. Went back to my desk to get it but forgot WHY I went back to my desk….so when I went to my desk, I grabbed something else…. ONLY for me to get to the kitchen and realize that I STILL didn’t have my water bottle….grrrrrr
3. Looking all over for my cell phone. I am on the phone with my mother saying “dang it, I can never find my phone”… only to realize that I was on my CELL PHONE talking to my mother, lol….
Come on 9 months….. come one, lol…
Post # 39
I’m reviving this thread because I feel SO dumb recently… I’m 28weeks pregnant and have a really bad case of pregnancy brain.
– I got on my train to work in the opposite direction yesterday, and didn’t realize until I was about 3 stops along.
– I work with clients all day and I keep having to ask them to repeat themselves because I realize that I zoned out and had no idea what they were just saying to me..
– I keep forgetting whether I’ve locked my house, turned off the iron, keep leaving things at home… seriously I feel so totally dumb.
Anybody got any funny stories about ”pregnancy brain”?