- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2013
So I found a dress on preownedweddingdress.com that I fell in love with, for 97% off of the original price. I had never heard of the designer before but when I researched his other work I was smitten.. even my fiance liked his style. My fiance is more into fashion than I am, so that was a big deal to me.
I reached out to the seller, even though I was sure that the dress was either already sold or there was something wrong with it. To my surprise, she contacted me back almost immediately, and when I asked for her measurements she gave me hers which are just a tad larger than mine. She assured me that the dress has been cleaned and preserved and is in like new condition.. I couldn’t believe what a deal it was! The pictures listed were of her in the dress with the designer, and me being the person that I am, I used her email to research her and verify that she was the same person. I was actually able to find a picture of her on her company website and it is indeed the same girl, as well as the same state listed on the dress listing.
I spoke to this girl on Thursday, June 21st at which time I agreed to buy the dress and she seemed pretty happy, asking me to let her know if there was anything she could do to help me with the transaction. I put the payment through that night. No response until almost 24 hours later at which point (I had emailed her a couple of times after beginning to panic) she said that she had forgotten to include shipping and would need to price that and get back to me. She asked if, before she accepted my money I was okay with paying shipping, and I told her that I was, and she said that she would take the dress to her husband’s work the next day (Saturday) to price and we could go from there. Saturday rolls by and then finally Sunday around noon I receive an email apologizing for the delay, and asking if it is okay if she gets back to me Monday since she has to have her Mother-In-Law handle it. I say yes, of course. Monday I haven’t heard back from her by about 4PM, so I email her to make sure that everything is going okay. She answers me back around 7:30PM saying that she is again sorry, her Mother-In-Law picked up the package but she is waiting to hear back. She says she has left her a message and will email me shortly. The next day (Tuesday) around noon I receive another email asking if I would mind if the Mother-In-Law sends the dress Wednesday, as she is still out of state and her Mother-In-Law is absolutely slammed. This is the point at which I start to get annoyed, and my response is something like, “well I guess I don’t have much choice, lol.” She again emails me apologizing. I do not hear from her Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Finally Friday I send her the following email..
“Hi there. I’m guessing the deal with your Mother-In-Law fell through and you are just waiting to send it yourself since I haven’t heard anything since Tuesday and it is now Friday. I’m expecting that you will be able to send the dress by tomorrow at the latest? I really am trying to be patient but you have to understand that, from my perspective, I don’t know if this is a scam or if you are really going to send me the dress. I really truly am excited to receive it and will be devastated if I have to cancel the transaction but I have to be logical here. If I do not receive the dress, or it is not what I thought it would be, I have to have time to find another one.