Post # 1
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what you wonderful ladies have as priorities for your wedding day. David Tutera lists them as “Non-Negotiable, Negotiable or It Doesn’t Matter”. Would like to see what you list in those categories.
Non-Negotiable: getting married in my church
Negotiable: flowers, food
Doesn’t matter: type of programs for service, favors, table numbers
Post # 3
For us it is a pretty simple list:
Non-Negotiable: Getting married at our home with amazing food and drink for the people that come to celebrate with us.
Negotiable: Everything else.
I don’t really have any doesn’t matters though.
Post # 4
Non-Negotiable: We have a pastor marry us, and all of our guests have a great time.
Negotiable: Everything else.
Post # 5
Non-negotiable: having only our nearest and dearest there, but getting lots of time with them, and amazing food . So we kept the guests to 33 and rented a fabulous house for four days for our families (who had never met)
Negotiable: everything else
Doesn’t matter – paper goods, transportation
This is a great thread because it’s something so critical to planning and the answers will be different for every couple. Once you have closed your eyes and thought ‘how do I want to feel at my wedding, what what will it need to be like in order for me to feel that way’ then so many decisions just fall into place!
Post # 6
I feel like such a brat compared to you gals. You all are so easy going and I feel like when it comes to my wedding I am high maintence. : (
My non negotiables:
- my ceremony- It has to be meaningful to us as a couple and in keeping with our religion/culture.
- music- I only want a certain genre but again that goes back to religious/cultural requirements.
- the look/feel- I really want a vintage country vibe. I am rather obsessing over decor. I want things with lots of visual and tactile interest.
- attire- I have no idea what I want to wear personally. (Most stressful part of planning for me.} I do know what I want everyone else to wear though and hats, must have fantastical hats!
- a photobooth- I must have this in lieu of a guestbook.
- memories- Lots of fun, love and laughter please 😀
- I need programs but really don’t “have” to have a specific type.
- I want flowers but as long as they aren’t fall colors I am not picky.
- I want games but not picky about what types as long as everyone has fun.
- cake- I know I need one but my only requirement is that I make it. I don’t care what it looks like or what flavors we have. I may even hire someone to decorate it since things will be crazy but I am a total cake snob. My favorite food group is cake and I only like mine lol.
- Where we have it as long as it has the right feel and no candle/chuppah restrictions.
- What food we serve- in my mind there is only one food group that matters- CAKE! I am so NOT a foodie lol.
- paper goods- I bought my invitations at Ollies for $5 a box of 25 and I am content.
- colors- why restrict yourself to a few when there is a whole rainbow of colors out there? 😀
Post # 7
@brendaray2009: for me non negotiable : beautiful wedding setting (country setting) , happy day, a nice drama free wedding with the drunks in our families not being smashed at our wedding our recetion lol negotiable flowers, table placement, small things like that.