(Closed) Probably tmi but needing some advice…

posted 7 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
6256 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

A probiotic should be fine since most of what will be in it is already in your body.

I would get it checked out by a doctor, though.

Post # 4
1042 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

Go to a doctor! I know a girl who is allergic to one of the ingredients in OTC yeast infection medications. Perhaps that could be the problem. Either way, yeast infections are easy to treat, but can reoccur often unless they are treated properly. So take care of it, and then use preventative things like probiotics.

ETA: I forgot that it may not even be a yeast infection at all, but maybe from irritation, bacteria, etc. Regardless, try to go to a doctor/ WHNP to make sure!

Post # 5
8945 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@Birdee106:  I agree with Effie – if you’re trying to conceive, you should get it checked out by a doctor. The monostat probably didn’t work because that only works for yeast infections. If the itch is caused by bacteria, the monostat will kill off the normal harmless yeast, which allows the bacteria to flourish even more. Best to get it diagnosed by a pro and get it taken care of for good. 

Post # 6
190 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@Birdee106:   Try using sensitive laundry soap as a preventative measure. That helped me a lot. The perfume in Tide was not so kind to me. 

Post # 8
644 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Honu:  +1


First time this happened to me, I had just switched to a scented laundry soap. I now use an all-natural unscented type one and haven’t had any problems. My nurse told me that if you have problems with this, the first thing you should do is stop using scented soaps, laundry soap, and make sure you’re wearing good cotton underwear that’s not too tight (cotton always you to breeeaathe). But, like other bees said, going to see a doctor would be a good plan.

Post # 9
982 posts
Busy bee

@Birdee106:  Is it itchy on the outside – on the skin? This happens to me sometimes, and it’s dermatitis. Don’t get it anywhere else. 

A couple of tips – never use any kind of soap down there – this will make it worse. A lot of soaps are not designed for the delicate areas, and anything perfumed will cause issues. You can get specially formulated, pH balanced intimate washing gel – although they say you don’t need it – washing with water should be sufficient. Also, try out different types of undies and see what doesn’t exacerbate the itchiness. Do see your doctor, they can prescribe you some cream to use when it starts getting itchy.

The topic ‘Probably tmi but needing some advice…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors