- 7 years ago
- Wedding: January 2015
My wedding is 3 months away so I’m getting down to the nitty gritty of planning.
The reception venue was booked at the start of the year and is beautiful and just what we’re looking for but I’ve only just started dealing with the functions co ordinator and she’s well, pretty useless.
– she takes days to reply to emails and doesn’t phone back when she says she will or at all
– I’m pescatarian and we’ve said this in an email, over the phone and yet it still seemed to be a shock when I reminded her the day before the tasting.
– The tasting cost us $110 and didn’t include everything on the menu. I don’t know if this is normal, but when I was talking about a tasting, I expected it to be included in the price or quite cheap. I also expected us to get samples of everything on the menu. Even with the desserts, we could only choose 2 out of the 3 items that will be on the wedding menu.
– On the phone, I was told that “there’d probably be some wine with our tasting” but we were never offered it. We ended up mentioning it and they did bring us both a glass to try.
– When we did our tasting, we met the functions coordinator briefly and didn’t see her for the rest of the night. I was expecting her to talk us through the food options and see what we liked. It also meant I couldn’t really complain about having to pay so much for tastings and not get to taste all the menu, but the waitress handled it the best she could.
This venue claims to cater to 300 functions a year and really pushes for weddings. There is a minimum spend and it takes up 2/3 of my wedding budget.
So if you made it through all of that, tell me;
1) Am I expecting too much? Are tastings usually like that and should I be cutting the co ordinator a bit of slack?
2) How do I deal with this? I can’t change venues so I need to sort this out with the co ordinator. How do I bring this all up without coming across as a bridezilla? I want to get my frustrations across but at the end of the day, I need this person to organise my reception and ensure it all goes smoothly!