(Closed) Problems with Officiant (sorry … long)

posted 7 years ago in Ceremony
  • poll: Would you find another officiant?
    Yes : (0 votes)
    No : (8 votes)
    80 %
    Other (more information below) : (2 votes)
    20 %
  • Post # 3
    860 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

    I kind of think you are over-reacting.

    Post # 4
    4137 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

    i would send her another contract in case she actually did send it back and it got lost in the mail. or ask her to fax it back to you or scan a signed copy and email it to you. if you don’t get the second contract, i would probably look for someone else.

    sorry you’ve had such bad luck with vendors!

    Post # 5
    1003 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

    I would just breathe…and wait. I have mailed stuff intercity before and the person has gotten it two weeks later. It really depends when she mails it. Set a date for yourself to e-mail her back if you haven’t recieved your contract and if she doesn’t respond, find someone else. You have to remember…at least from what it sounds like that this seems like a retirement project or something for her so she probably (in her mind) doesn’t know why you are requesting a contract. She seems like a soild, non sketchy person but after your flake outs I understand why you want some peace of mind.

    Post # 6
    1276 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

    @milesbella: I would follow up with her and thank her for understanding your worries and make sure she received the contract you sent her. I think you handled it perfectly and its understandable with your experiences planning so far. 

    Post # 7
    3709 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2011

    I think you should give her some more time. Your wedding is not until September so you have plenty of time to find another officiant if she doesn’t send the contract back in another month or so. Unless it’s 2 months before your wedding you have plenty of time to find another officiant if needed. 

    Post # 8
    608 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

    I don’t know if its times to cut her loose yet but I think having a contract or at least some sort of written agreement with her.  I’d just call again and explain that its important to you and if you don’t have it back by x date you will feel the need to find someone else

    Post # 9
    350 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

    I’m sorry for what you’re going through.  I’m having similar problems with the church/officiant I want to use and I’m getting married Sept 23rd.  The priest of the church I want to use keeps me waiting on simple phone messages for weeks at a time.  But my fiance and I both want to use that church for our ceremony. 

    I actually have a contract with every other vendor I am using but something felt funny about wanting a contract with a church/officiant but at this point, I agree with you.  It’s about protecting yourself.  If there is no contract they can deny every conversation and leave you high and dry with no one to make your wedding official. 

    I would call your officiant directly and ask if there is a problem with the contract that she wants to discuss before signing.  If she leaves this any longer I would find another officiant. 

    The topic ‘Problems with Officiant (sorry … long)’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors