- 4 years ago
Does any seamstresses, brides, etc. have any rough or approx. idea how much it might cost to have a profressional/skilled wedding dress seamstress hand sew crystals/pearls onto a wedding dress, and do embroidery work?
Maybe there are some brides out there, who like myself are and/or have had their wedding dress custom made for them. I’d love to hear from you!! Are you having hand beading done and/or embroidery done on your wedding dresses too? How much are they charging you to do this work? Also how much beading and/or embroidery are you having done on your dress? (a little, the bodice, the train, or all over embelishment?)
If there are any professional seamstresses out there, I’d really love to hear from you too. Therefore I have also included the following details to hopefully give you a better idea of how much it might cost me to have handbeading done on my wedding dress.
Other information you may need to base your ideas on approx. cost are:
1) Fit n Flair (or) an A-line dress
2) 1 to 1.5 metre train on dress
3) Size 16 to 18 (Regular dress size – NOT wedding dress sizes..LOL)
4) I have ordered 6 meters of the same exact lace that is the dress Marilyn Monroe is wearing in the pictures on this webpage> http://www.sophiehallette.com/en/our-favorites/a-marilyn-moment/ (So a good part of my dress will have lace on it.) But I thought you should have an idea…because the pattern and/or type of lace may dictate how much beading is required and/or can be done?? ****Also any opionions as to how much beading I should have done on this type of lace?***
5) I’m 5’4″ tall
6) Once my dress is made for me it will look fairly simular to this dress ->https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/288580339/elegant-whiteivory-mermaidtrumpet?ref=listing-shop-header-0 (The only difference is that there will be a Triangle Shaped Lace insert starting from the bow @ the waist on the back of the dress and going down to the end of the train.)
7) I love embroidery on wedding dresses too…does anyone think that embroidery might be too much on this dress (and/or) where do you think I should embroider it?
Sorry I’m just trying to work out, now that I have paid for all of the fabric and lace in full, how much it will cost to hand embelish my dress. (That’s the only cost related to my wedding dress (embelishment costs) that I don’t have yet and/or that can’t figure out – for my wedding budget).