(Closed) Pronovias petunia 2013

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
817 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@great2014:  NICE!  Where’s your wedding?!

I also felt like the dress made me look pregnant when I had it on, but it photographs really well and was not a problem when I looked back at the pictures of me trying it on.  Moving the pleats to the back or putting a sash with it are obviously good solutions as well.

Post # 48
2 posts
Wannabee

I’m wearing pronovias petunia for my wedding in May as well. I had my first fitting with the dress in my size last week and am meeting with the tailor this weekend. I’m finding that the dress isn’t quite as fitted as I’d hoped (had the same ‘pregnant’ feeling’), and it’s very difficult to see the mermaid silhouette beneath the two layers of tulle.

Did anyone else run into this problem? Has anyone made alterations to the dress besides removing the straps and shortening the length?

I noticed that a lot of Finisterre brides made alterations to remove the second layer of tulle, or made the tulle overlay removable for the reception. Interested to know if any petunia brides have done this as well. Would love to hear how it went and see pictures if you have any.

Thanks!

Post # 48
1 posts
Wannabee

I bought my dress before Christmas in a sample sale for £950. I had another appointment last month to put it on again to show my family and the rest of my maids. I forgot how well it fitted me. I have a larger bust and even without a bra it is quite supportive.

I do know what you mean about the tulle overlay though. When I had seen this dress online (and drooled over it) the tulle looks a lot thinner than it actually is. When I was standing still and the tulle puddled it is quite difficult to see the mermaid shape underneath. Still, I was torn between going for a ballgown style knowing I would never get a chance to wear a ‘big’ dress ever again, and a svelte, sexy mermaid style. Petunia is the best of both worlds. I think I am going to have the top layer of tulle made removable for after the first dance. This means that 1) I will get the sexy slim outline I was after and 2) people won’t tread on the top layer and ruin it. The skirt of the mermaid layer is beautifuly detailed too.

I also understand what some girls are saying about the pregnancy thing! I have a hang up about my little pot belly and the dress does give this effect. The top floaty layer starts a litle higher than the waist and maybe not being as slimming as it could be. I got around this with a simple sash. Really nipped in my waist and made a huge difference!

I only had this dress on for maybe 2 mins tops before I made a snap decision to buy it. I had pinned it on pinterest loads of times before and knew I could sell it on for more than I paid if I changed my mind.

View original reply
laur84:  

Post # 49
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi all, <br /><br />If anyone is interested in buying my dress, it’s for sale! 🙂 I had alterations so it’s not really true to rack size. Just know that I’m a street size 4; 5’6″ and was wearing 3″ heels.

Please let me know…collkellyl at gmail.com.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by kheavey.
Post # 50
6 posts
Newbee

Hello lovely ladies! I am looking for to buy petunia in in size 6-8 (this is my street size) i am 5. 6 and would like let I am willing to pay 600 $. Please leave a comment if you are interested!! 

Post # 51
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi everyone! I am selling my Pronovias Petunia dress. It was altered to fit – My size was street 4, wedding 6. If you’re interested please email me: CollKellyL @ gmail . com

It’s a BEAUTIFUL dress and I want it to have another special day. 🙂

Kelly

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by kheavey.

The topic ‘Pronovias petunia 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors