- 7 years ago
- Wedding: October 2011
I am majorly stressing about this! I know there are a billion websites, but most are for invitations when they expect you have an inner envelope too and don’t help. Also, not sure about the proper addressing format (which line goes where) Please help me w/these questions:
- Should the Apartment number be listed on the same line as the street address, or the line below?
- Should the zip code be listed on the same line with the city and state, or the line below?
- Can I put “The Doe Family” if I am inviting parents + their kids? What if their kids are over 18 and don’t live at home (cousins) but I don’t have their address and their parents will tell them they are invited anyway?
- My Save-The-Date Cards are casual and fun and my wedding is semi-casual. Do I need to put Mr. & Mrs John Doe or is it better to put John & Jane Doe? Should I use the “&” symbol or write out “and”
- Is the consensus not to put “and Guest” on the outside envelope of STDs? Mine don’t have internal envelopes. However, since I am doing a Destination Wedding, people should know if they can bring a guest or not because they will need to book airfare. Thoughts?
- Also, I am printing our return address on the back flap. Can I leave off our names? We got customized stamps w/our first names on them so I don’t really want to print our names again. Or should I? If so should I put just both our first names, or first and lasts?
Here are some examples to illustrate my questions:
Mr. and Mrs. John Doe (or John & Jane Doe)
123 Main Street
Miami, Florida 12345
Mr. and Mrs. John Doe
123 Main Street, Apartment 2
The Doe Family
Mr. and Mrs. Doe and Children