(Closed) Proposals in Dec 2013-Jan 2014

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 63
13 posts
Newbee

It BETTER BE!!!

He’s had the ring hidden in our apartment for a month now! (Grrr-I want it now!!!) We’ve talked about doing a spring 2014 wedding (which is only like 5 months away, he NEEDS to get a move on!) I point-blank-period told him that I am NOT making any calls, putting down deposits, etc until that blasted ring is on my finger! And now with my cousing that just got engaged, I’m REALLY wanting to get this whole waiting over with!

Thanksgiving just passed with my aunt asking when we’ll be next. We drove down to El Paso, TX with SO’s younger sister and Mom to SO’s cousins wedding on the 30th. I met all of his aunts and uncles for the first time, not only did they LOVE me, but there were hints GALORE on when it’ll be our turn! Pressure much? 

Now we have the Broncos game this Sunday (I’m a HUGE fan!) Christmas Eve, Christmas (my FAVORITE holiday-and he KNOWS I’d LOVE to be engaged by then), his birthday Dec. 29, New Years Eve and Day, and my birthday Jan 15 (I’ll strangle him if he makes me wait that much longer).

So yes, all signs point to this month! I mean, he has the ring, and we want a wedding in the spring, so…HURRY UP ALREADY!!!

Here’s to hoping and ring dust for all of us ladies!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 64
441 posts
Helper bee

Just found out the ring should be finished around Dec 20.  Of course that’s cutting it close for Christmas what with Murphy’s Law and all.  I’m hoping for Christmas Eve, when we’ll be alone.  We’re visiting his family a few days after Christmas and I think (I know, don’t ever think) he would want to show his Brother, SIL, their kids and his parents (who already know about the ring).  If it’s not finished in time then it’s not but I think this is the plan.

View original reply
@CaseyC2611:  “May the odds be ever in your favor”  Bwahahahahahah!!!!! I love it.  Sometimes waiting has felt like trying to beat a clock face stadium. πŸ™‚

Post # 65
384 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
@NYCkindaBee:  sometimes I have these wacky moments where i can almost feel the weight of the ring on my finger, and i feel close to a panic attack that it is so close.  as i said, the crazy reigns.

Post # 69
226 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

We got engaged on the balcony of our cruise on December 7!!!!

Post # 73
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

After a 14 year wait, I got engaged on 18 January YEOWWWWW πŸ™‚

Post # 74
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Country Club

Adding my ring to the mix! Engaged on Christmas Eve! 

Post # 75
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Adding to the list! 1/19/14!!! 

Post # 76
1603 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
@NYCkindaBee:  Yayyyy! So glad you got your proposal!

Mine happened 1/11/14 and my story is here

And here’s the ring!

The topic ‘Proposals in Dec 2013-Jan 2014’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors