(Closed) Proposals in Dec 2013-Jan 2014

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 78
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
@NYCkindaBee:  I know what you mean about the stomach pain, haha!! It will be a week of being a fiance for me tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚ And no, haven’t made any big choices yet. We are going to have a spring/early summer 2015 wedding so we still have a lot of time, but I am researching venues and trying to figure out what we could get in our budget here… it is ridiculously expensive where we live (central coast california). Mostly I use researching things/looking at pinterest as a coping mechanism when work gets too stressful, LOL!!!

Post # 80
1656 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: Malibou Lake Mountain Club

View original reply
@NYCkindaBee:  oh god, yes. It is excrutiating.we have talked budget, location and colors. such a headache!

Post # 81
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

View original reply
@NYCkindaBee:  Thank you!!!! Yes I know that stomach feeling well ๐Ÿ™‚ I got engaged 8 days ago and my head has not stopped spinning.  We have set the date for 25 October 2014.

I work full time and in the last week I have found my wedding dress (it was lucky number 6), I have booked a ceremony and reception venue, I have worked out the bridesmaid dresses and colours, Our bridesmaids and groomsmen have all accepted (5 bridesmaids/5 groomsmen), I have contacted and confirmed a DJ and I have arranged a lady to make our 3 tier wedding cake and will be meeting with her next weekend to confirm designs and arrange a tasting etc (and saved almost $400 by having this lady make it), I have my ceremony music picked out for when I walk down the aisle also and  I have also worked out my centrepieces. I have also half worked out the menu for the reception.

I have had quite a headache for the last week but my goodness, it feels great that it is all happening and the ball is rolling.  

Post # 83
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

NYCkindaBee  I did have an advantage though, because I found the engagement ring hidden in SO’s drawer the week before christmas, as soon as I found it I started searching for everything and found what I like, places I liked etc, as soon as he proposed it was just a matter of ringing and booking them all lol.  If it wasnt for that I would be just starting from scratch ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Proposals in Dec 2013-Jan 2014’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors