Post # 16
1) Location. It had to be within 1 hour of a major international airport.
3) Appearance. I wanted something that would look good (by my taste) with minimal decorations. This also means fitting my style. I am not into the rustic theme at all, and preferred hotel ballrooms or country clubs.
4) I wasn’t interested in paying much for a flat venue fee.
5) I wanted a venue that came with a day of coordinator.
Post # 17
Oh I apprecaite all this feedback so much!!! I love hearing so many different perspectives!!
Post # 18
this sounds great! When I said rentals, I mainly meant tables and chairs. The vendors I would want my own say in is catering, photography, and videography, and officiant. The rest I’m sure I’d be fine with using a vendors list but those would be deal breakers for me if I couldn’t choose. It most definitely sounds like you are on the right track!
Post # 19
Thank you!! Yes decor is the only tricky part. It’s hard because as a cooridnator, Ive gone to other venues with my brides and have had issues setting up/decorating because of how the venue is. It took so much more time to set it up then it would have if she would have used on location help. Bringing in outside decorators usually means they need an addiitonal day for set up as well.
PHotographer, Videographer, Caterer, officiant, will all be on the brides request!
Post # 20
- Wedding: June 2016 - City, State
kinneybride : I second the nice indoor bathrooms and A/C- fans option!
In addition to what has already been said:
– some decorated space/possiblity to decorate for indoor ceremony.
– flooring/dancing stage: I couldn’t tell you what is required but I do notice a bad floor at weddings that is slippery for dancing
– dedicated parking space that does not become muddy in case of rain
– cheaper options on weekdays (outside of holidays)
– a comprehensive manual of what you can do/cannot do in terms of decorations: Are there nails on the walls? can you hang lanterns? etc.
– room for coats and bags
Post # 21
This is great! Thank you!! We are actually going to have a dance floor that comes with a venue. Trying to decide on whether to get a white dance floor or wood dance floor. It’s a barn venue, so I’m worried a wood dance floor would not match the natural wood floors!