Post # 1
My fiance and I are in the process of setting a date for our destination wedding in Puerto Rico. We are thinking of either the weekends of June 28, 2014 or July 5, 2014. Our venue will be located just outside San Juan, at a beachside resort.
I’ve never been to Puerto Rico during the summer (only during early December), so I’m a bit concerned about the weather during late June / early July.
- The average highs during these few weeks are ~89 degrees fahrenheit (as a high) and ~77 degrees fahrenheit.
- Hurricane season is from May 1 to November 30 in the Caribbean, but historically, the vast majority of tropical storms and hurricanes have occured in August, September, and October
So, my question to all PR brides or brides who have traveled to PR:
- Is a late June / early July wedding a good idea?
- Will it be too hot or too humid during that time of year? (we’re from New England, so I’m not a huge fan of stifling humidity, and also I don’t want my hair to be a frizz-ball)
- Also, are hurricanes or storms a real concern during that time of year?
Thanks in advance!
Post # 3
What resort are you getting married at? My fiance and I are just starting to look into destinations for our weddingin 2014 and Puerto Rico might be a good place!
Post # 4
@cdn_bunny: I just came back from PR yesterday. It rained the entire team. Apparently May is their rainy month. When it wasnt raining it was hot and humid but not unbearable. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton. One thing I will say is that everything was expensive. I would have preferred to be on a nicer island at an all-inclusive resort.
Post # 5
I’m also getting married in PR but it’ll be in Oct. I’m relying on prayer since my date will be toward the end of hurricane season (which I didn’t think about originally). @cdn_bunny How was the weather in Dec when you went?
Post # 6
I’m from South Florida, so not PR, but I would say late June/early July is unpredictible. I would also say it is extremely humid then for people coming from the NE. Like the person said regarding May, it is definitely the rainy season and tends to rain every afternoon, which brings out the humidity. You are usually safe from hurricanes, but it is no guarantee. You also have a liklihood of tropical storms or depressions. I personally think May or early June is safer to avoid weather…