(Closed) Putting ring pictures on facebook

posted 8 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Do you think its rude to put your ring on FB?
    Yes : (65 votes)
    17 %
    No : (286 votes)
    76 %
    Other : (25 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 62
    2902 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

I don’t think it’s rude at all. I love seeing friends FB engagement pics. However, I never posted one as I am a very private person in real life so it’s not my bag. 

Post # 63
    2022 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

My FH posted a picture before I could.  I think he was proud of his purchase and wanted to show it off haha…

Post # 64
    304 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

For ring pics on fb, I don’t care one way or the other, but all these break in stories are totally going to make me reconsider certain posts!

Post # 66
    806 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

I had a few friends who live out of state ask….but it just felt weird.  I”m a rare facebook poster though.  I texted them a picture instead!

Post # 67
    1503 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I dont think it’s rude 🙂  I like seeing people’s rings.

Post # 68
    2031 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I did, just one the day I got it, and didn’t post anything specific other than a funny caption like ‘Look what I got’ or something, I wouldn’t make an album for it or show off it’s size or how much it cost.  I have friends and family scattered all over the country for various reasons, and they were all dying to see the ring.  I also have only people I know on my page, people I actually want to share things with.  I also posted about our new apartment, our vacations, etc.  To me, sharing details about my life to people in real time is what FB is all about, so why wouldn’t I share it?  I don’t think it’s any more braggy than posting pictures of my vacation, a new car, a new house….I mean some people might think you’re bragging if you post pics of your SO and they’re single!  You can’t please everyone, so I use my FB page how I want to. And, I seriously love when people post their rings, I want to see them!! 

Post # 69
    2780 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

Not rude to post a single, taseful picture of your ring. Going overboard and posting say 50 pics of just your hand with the ring, that is rude and tacky.

Post # 70
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

I don’t think it is rude at all. When I hear that a friend is engaged and we aren’t local I eagerly await a ring pic to be posted.

When my DH and I got engaged we posted photos from our NYE Yosemite trip where he proposed which included two ring pictures (one of me making a funny face with the ring and one of the just the ring). I never made my ring a profile pic but it was certainly there on my profile (in the album) for people to see. I mean come on I live 12+ hours away from friends and family, how else am I supposed to share? Mail them a photo???

Facebook is a social media program that allows us to share our lives with those that care. If you find my photos offensive or bothersome you certainly don’t have to look at them. I will do the same for any of my friends.

Post # 71
    6256 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: March 2014

I don’t think it’s rude at all. Iif you’re just posting one or two tasteful photos, there’s not a thing wrong with that.

Post # 72
    3226 posts
    Sugar bee

@allyfally:  I don’t think it’s rude but I just wouldn’t do it. Seems like Too Much Information to me unless it’s specifically a ring or wedding board.

Post # 73
    844 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Usually I’m easily annoyed by people looking for attention or showing off, but I can’t think of one time I thought a ring pic was rude or boastful.  Most people are just excited!  And I did post one when I got engaged.  And there will probably be some when we get married, but I wouldn’t make it my profile pic or anything (like my friend just did).  LOL I still don’t think it’s rude, just a little materialistic!

Post # 74
    2818 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I don’t think it’s rude, it’s just not something I would do.

Post # 75
    3828 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

View original reply
    @Chrysoberyl:  Not sure what you’re getting at, but since this is a WEDDING website why wouldn’t it be? As far as facebook goes, why would i want to shove my ring in anyones face? Especially since i have been a waiting bee and i know how it felt when people did that. My ring is personal. I dont need anyone elses opinion on it. 

Post # 76
    279 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Its not rude its just a personal preference.

The topic ‘Putting ring pictures on facebook’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors