(Closed) Putting ring pictures on facebook

posted 8 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Do you think its rude to put your ring on FB?
    Yes : (65 votes)
    17 %
    No : (286 votes)
    76 %
    Other : (25 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 77
    1991 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I don’t find it rude, but personally didn’t feel like shoving it into people’s faces like that.  I was going to wait until I got my professional e-pics taken and post those, but I forgot to ask for a picture of the ring!  In the end the only pictures people go to see were ones of it on my hand from a distance.  I kind of like that.

Post # 78
    853 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I waited to show my friends and family in person, and then I posted pictures. 🙂

Post # 79
    2363 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Not rude, but I didn’t do it.

Post # 80
    5147 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

I think it’s fine to post a picture of your ring (everyone on my Facebook that’s gotten engaged has posted a picture of their ring, myself included). But not 50 pictures of it.

Post # 81
    529 posts
    Busy bee

I wonder if this is a generational thing? I am old compared to a lot of people on the bee (34) and I probably won’t post my ring online because none of my friends has. Of course a lot of them were engaged and married in the dark ages before facebook 😉

Post # 82
    4304 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

I would only do it if it were in an engagement or wedding photo.  Personally for me I think it would feel tacky to do otherwise.

Post # 83
    2305 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2016

I don’t think it’s rude, but there is a point where it is.

Like one or two pictures, showing the ring itself and maybe one of you and your Fiance together, with you holding the ring up, that’s great. But a full 40 picture album of your ring hanging out in different places, in different lights… save that for WB. 

Post # 84
    3415 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

I’m confused on how it’s viewed as rude?  My ring is on my finger for all the world to see its not like its hidden.  Plus I’m proud of my ring.  Are they saying that its rude because you might be “bragging” by putting your ring on FB?  If that’s the case than its rude to post pictures of your wedding because some friends may still be single, or pregnancy or for that matter kids because there are people out there who can’t have children and I would be rubbing it in their faces…..

It’s a picture of a ring.  I’m not posting carat size, clarity, or price along with the photo.  Therefore a picture alone of my engagement ring on facebook is not rude.  If people don’t want to see the picture don’t click to view the pic.  That’s my opinion.

Post # 85
    733 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

It’s not rude.

How is it rude? I have family and friends who live halfway across the country and can’t see it in person until I visit.

People post photos of their brand new cars, their vacations….and worst of all, 10000000 photos of their new baby. Now that type of newsfeed overtaking is rude. lol!!

Post # 86
    Hostess
    11163 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

View original reply
    @cirk  But a full 40 picture album of your ring hanging out in different places, in different lights… save that for WB.

I’m dying to know if this actually exisits. I would love to see a profile so self absorbed as this.

Post # 87
    1067 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I posted ONE when I got engaged. To be like, “Hey! I got engaged!” And then never again. Just because I know people who get annoyed at people when getting spammed with ring pictures.

Post # 88
    9806 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
    @NurseMandie  I agree with you.  I wouldn’t consider it tacky or rude to post 1 or 2 pics of a ring considering there are others posting about 1 million baby photos (they all look the same!) or an album of their new house or car… or even worse (open wounds, etc).  These things are only obnoxious when you do it an excessive amount.

Post # 89
    963 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I always wonder if people who say it’s rude are really just jealous of seeing other people’s rings. You don’t need to go over the top posting it everywhere, but it’s not unreasonable to expect that your friends and family will be happy and excited for you.

Post # 90
    1547 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @impatientlywaiting20  I think you’re right and it may be something that happens more amongst different generations. I just turned 30 and in my group of close friends we just don’t post pictures of material things. We all have beautiful diamonds, homes and nice cars and we just don’t announce that sort of thing on FB. I feel differently about people posting about their children, babies, families and special events, I just don’t get good vibes from the stuff that says “hey look what I got that cost $$$!” I don’t mean to hurt people’s feelings but when someone says hey look at my new G-Wagon, ring, new stove, bag etc. on FB it just comes off as unclassy to me. I know my family would be silently appalled if I ever posted something like that. Just like I wouldn’t go up to a friend and say “hey look at my new shiny ring, bag, new car”! For the record DH and I did announce our engagement, but we just did it with a pic of the two of us, not the ring. People did ask to see the ring and I texted a private pic and even that made me feel like I was showing off. Maybe younger generations feel like speaking of material items in such a public way is more acceptable these days.

Post # 91
    1547 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
    @VAwife  I don’t think jealousy is an issue, I think it’s more of how you are raised and what your family has taught you as acceptable.

The topic ‘Putting ring pictures on facebook’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors