(Closed) PWC: Ideas for my fine & thin overgrown hair?

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think we have the same exact hair!  Mine is also fine, thin, and that exact color naturally πŸ™‚  I am currently growing mine out for the wedding, but when it is over, I plan on getting another Bumble & bumble razor bob, and dying it blonde again.  The razor bob is usually just below chin length, so it doesn’t mke your face look rounder – it just shows off a slim neck.  It is fun and you’ll find that your hair has much more body when you just wash it and go at that length (I know I never once blew it dry myself lol).  I’m going to see if I have a picture of it.

And I also have a nose, and I have to say that your profile is cute!  Don’t let that hinder you from trying something you want πŸ™‚

Post # 5
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Bunting, we have the same hair! I have kind of a round face and when I did a chop last year (when my split ends had split ends) I asked my hair dresser what I should do, and let her have at it.  I ended up with a really cute lightly layered bob with side-swept bangs.  I don’t have a picture of it, but it was really cute.

Post # 6
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I found a pic!

Post # 7
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

My hair is super thin too and when I grew it out for my wedding it would drive me crazy because it was always flat! I did a classic a-line the week after our wedding and haven’t looked back. Since it’s shorter it doesn’t weigh my hair down and I think that the way that the hair curls under around my chin makes my face look less round actually! Here’s a before and after picture..

Post # 9
6512 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Okay, this is the blonde.  This is not the best pic of the razor bob because I had an awful haircut that was upposed to be a trim just before this pic was taken, but its the only one with short hair I have access to right now.  They have more pics under razor bob here: http://bbumodelproject.com/haircuts/

It is a more relaxed style, no flipping ends and pretty much no work required.  There is a BB salon (Citrene) in GR too.  I loved this cut and miss it now lol

Post # 10
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@bunting:I was really worried about that too which is why I made sure that the longest layer in the front was below my chin..it was more like adam’s apple length. The back is short, like above my lowest hair line, and stacked which definitely helps with the volume! My hairdresser said that the stacked a-line is probably the most flattering cut for people with thin hair and I definitely agree. It’s super low maintenance too πŸ™‚ P.S. I think your nose is cute!

Post # 12
2025 posts
Buzzing bee

@Running Elley: i second this! this is my favorite hair style as well. my hair isn’t as thin as your, but it is fine (there’s just a lot of it), and the only way i get body is with short hair, and a round brush.

Post # 13
441 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I work as a hair stylist, so I have people coming into the salon everyday with this trouble. In my opinion, I would cut it a few inches below your chin, that way it won’t weight the hair down as much. I definitly think you could get away with bangs! Also, when you dry your hair, try to dry it with brushing your hair upwards (its hard to explain over the computer), and maybe try some teasing.. Also, I have spray that I use on my clients, its volumizing spray, I find it works really good, it’s by rusk. Good Luck with whatever you choose!

Post # 15
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012 - Wynn Las Vegas/Bouchon Bistro

I think you would look GREAT with shorter hair! Maybe a couple inches below your chin or maybe even to the tops of your shoulders, like some of the other bees have suggested.

Post # 16
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I have the same hair. It’s so thin. I have it long now and it’s driving me nuts. It’s so flat. The only thing I will say about the bang is because my hair is so thin, by the end of the day it can look greasy. My best option was having it right at my shoulder. I also had a longer side swept bang so it worked with my hair down and with ponytails and what not. I had tons of layers cut in when it was shorter so that it looked like it had more volume. Here’s a pic of it then

The topic ‘PWC: Ideas for my fine & thin overgrown hair?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors