(Closed) Q&A With Mr. Hedgie

posted 9 years ago in Waiting
Post # 32
1543 posts
Bumble bee

Wow. Dreadful. That sounds ominous. I hope you’re right that it’s something stupid easy like you said. Looks like a talk is in order soon.

Thanks for your input, Mr. Hedgie!

Post # 33
222 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Wonderwoman217: I feel your pain. Last time SO and I talked (few months ago and never again) he screamed “I DON’T KNOW I’m not ready” at me. Yeah it was bad….and no I wasn’t nagging it either (I think it was just bad timing). Bottom line I know how you feel girly, it’s hard when THAT’S the reason.

Post # 34
668 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@Mr Hedgie: Alright, I have a question ๐Ÿ™‚

A lot of women become impatient for the proposal, partly because they have to Wait for the man to propose, and they don’t have anything to do except wait (in the proposal aspect)  During the waiting process, all the girls have stated that there is usually another big issue that the couple is trying to take care of (i.e. find better jobs, get a new apartment, deal with family stress)  Us girls do know that it is difficult for a man to deal with these day-to-day issues (as they are very stressful) and know that a proposal on top of that is stressful.

My question is, while us ladies are waiting, what are some good ways for us to encourage, uplift, and be there for our men, so that they don’t feel quite so overwhelmed in our given economy. 

Personally, I often worry for my bf who works nights, gets paid poorly, and is seeking for a better job, on top of trying to keep all family relationships in good standing (think 6 hour drives on weekends) and trying to better our life, while we look for an apartment.  There’s a lot to do, and a lot we can’t do. My bf is worried and I’m trying to help him destress, but idk what to say or do. (for the record, it is completely HIS decision that he wants us to be married in the next year, I have told him I’d be happy to wait another year, but he wants it to be this summer)

Post # 35
600 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2006

View original reply
@nikkiinmass: I hate that!  My guy loves to make me frustrated because “just look at you, you’re so cute when you’re frustrated!”  Thaaaaanks. Hrmph.

View original reply
@Mr Hedgie: Thanks so much!  I was hoping you would say all that you did. ๐Ÿ™‚  That is sooo helpful to have the clarification about what is pressure because a couple times he’s said “that’s a little bit pressuring” but I couldn’t tell what about what I said was different from the 20 times in the past he enjoyed!  That takes pressure off me because it’s hard to not talk about something because I don’t want to accidentally pressure him.

I will probably have more questions for you…. this is so awesome to have you here!!

Post # 36
796 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Thanks for the reply, Mr. Hedgie!  It’s great to think that he’s on the right track ๐Ÿ™‚

P.S. If it were possible, you ought to have Jason Aldean’s song “Online” playing in the background.  It’d go nicely with your original post ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 37
3980 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@nikkiinmass: I would actualy LOVE to hear the answer to this! Lord knows he enjoyed watching em squirm and the only I answer I have ever gotten has benn “It’s cute!”. Maybe he will expand on that for you! lol

The topic ‘Q&A With Mr. Hedgie’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors